Thread: Hw100 alternatives

Hw100 alternatives

Hello.

Im in the market for a new pcp. Now I have a Hate/love relation whith a laminate hw97 .

Im ready to go to pcp route looking for a silent gun and precision. Prefer "multipurpouse" guns in old style flavour like the hw100. Sometimes plinking, sometimes target and some times ft, no serius competition.

Im living in spain (the power limit is about 20ft) i think that the small 177 cal is the way to go.

What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by playu72 View Post
    Hello.

Im in the market for a new pcp. Now I have a Hate/love relation whith a laminate hw97 .

Im ready to go to pcp route looking for a silent gun and precision. Prefer "multipurpouse" guns in old style flavour like the hw100. Sometimes plinking, sometimes target and some times ft, no serius competition.

Im living in spain (the power limit is about 20ft) i think that the small 177 cal is the way to go.

What do you think
    If I had 20ftlb to play with I'd go. 20 cal,mate.

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    .20 is nice but if your not hunting anything bigger than a rabbit I would stick with. 177 as there is a greater variety of pellets to choose from
    The.20 I use in my Evolution are 11.? Grain. You can get .177 of similar weight
    Gun wise I love my RAW
    I regularly shoot alongside experienced shooters using Brockock, Daystate, Weirauch, Air Arms and Steyr PCPs and my RAW will equal any of them for accuracy
    Pete

As your in Spain I’d look at the Cometa Orion or even lynx
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    .20 is nice but if your not hunting anything bigger than a rabbit I would stick with. 177
    From memoery huting with air rifle is banned in spain.
    Master Debater

Either a bottle PCP or XL9 as it has a higher fill pressure from a standard size cylinder giving decent shot count.
    18ftlb in .177 is superb. As for recommendations its difficult as there are masses of rifles out there.
    VAYA CON DIOS

to many out there to choose from

Maybe taipan veteran 2 tac?