I have zoom scopes and fixed scopes. My zoom scopes tend to stay at a fixed setting, if anything I might play with the zoom setting when I first put the scope on a rifle but then they just stay at a fixed setting, either 10x or the maximum. So from my perspective there is little point in the zoom function, and optically a zoom lens is more complex than a fixed focal length lens.
Unfortunately there are few choices in fixed focal length. There are the lower magnification lower cost versions (2x20, 4x32, 4x40) but they tend to be fixed parallax. Then there are the higher magnification side focus (10x32, 10x44) that tend to be much more expensive.
For 10 years I did have a 10x44 on my LGU, beautiful optic but it made access to the breech difficult but now I have replaced that with a 10x32 which clears the breech and is great. The 10x44 is now on my RM8. I have a 2-7x32 on my HW97 that stays at x7 and a 3-9x40 on my HW80 that stays at x9.
So most people here will have zoom scopes. I assume that if any change the magnification it will be hunters scanning for quarry at low magnification and targeting at high. Is that the case?