Thread: CARD Ballistic Pendulum.

CARD Ballistic Pendulum.

Hi

Can any members tell me the the latest price on the CARD Ballistic Pendulum ? I uncovered one in my loft

Serial Number 170, No Box. Two measuring cones .122 and .177.

I do recall way back that the price's sky rocketed
    ATB
    abe wilson
    abewilson.
    ''The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens''
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Checked my eb*y history - August 2021 I paid £65.09 for a complete one with all the pendulums, paperwork and boxed. They crop up in traditional auctions as well every now and again.

Given the sheer number of reasonably accurate cheap chronos available now, the ballistic pendulum is little more than a curiosity. I remember school physics classes back in 1990 or so having a BSA Meteor (from memory) screwed down to a backboard with a similar ballistic pendulum attached to the same board about a couple of feet from the muzzle.
    Last edited by ashf9999; 26-04-2024 at 08:56 PM. Reason: 2 para

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Must depend if there’s a Cardew Cult out there. It’s definitely a 1970s nostalgia collector’s buy, CARD also sold the cheaper and presumably less accurate ‘Ballistic Sledge’. At one point I’d have bought one simply to satisfy the curiosity and find out how well they performed. But in terms of how much someone would pay, I think above £100 you’d really have to be in love with the idea.

I found this Cardew 'Pellet Spy' on facebook marketplace some years ago, Never even tried it with my luck with shooting chrono's!

It came with the conversion charts and pellet weight/power papers too!

I've never had one of those sledge type manual ones but i've seen them at the Melbourne fayre!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Ballistics

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Checked my eb*y history - August 2021 I paid £65.09 for a complete one with all the pendulums, paperwork and boxed. They crop up in traditional auctions as well every now and again.

Given the sheer number of reasonably accurate cheap chronos available now, the ballistic pendulum is little more than a curiosity. I remember school physics classes back in 1990 or so having a BSA Meteor (from memory) screwed down to a backboard with a similar ballistic pendulum attached to the same board about a couple of feet from the muzzle.
    Thanks for the info looks like i have to find a part ime job

ATB
    abewilson
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Ballistically

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Must depend if there’s a Cardew Cult out there. It’s definitely a 1970s nostalgia collector’s buy, CARD also sold the cheaper and presumably less accurate ‘Ballistic Sledge’. At one point I’d have bought one simply to satisfy the curiosity and find out how well they performed. But in terms of how much someone would pay, I think above £100 you’d really have to be in love with the idea.
    Thanks for the feed back Hsing-ee To make it a worthwhile, to be collected, Along with the CARD Ballistic Pendulum, I have the idea to put it in a job lot, with some old pellets, such as Viper - Sabo - Meisterkugeln - Milbro "Caledonian" - Diablo Pointed waisted - Webley Special Waisted Pellets - Gun Screwdriver Kit, one screw bit is missing, a dioptre rear sight, a silencer, . plus a few other bits and bobs. ( price to be determined) Interested people can email me and i could send a picture. Need to calculate a price, a pellet collector's input would be appreciated. Most of the pellets are unopened and some no longer manufactured.
    ATB
    abewilson,
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

I got £25 for mine at the Nov 23 Wallis and Wallis auction. I paid 10 times that about 15 years ago.
    Think they are now just a curiosity with very little value to modern airgunners …
    Sad

Quote Originally Posted by abewilson View Post
    Thanks for the feed back Hsing-ee To make it a worthwhile, to be collected, Along with the CARD Ballistic Pendulum, I have the idea to put it in a job lot, with some old pellets, such as Viper - Sabo - Meisterkugeln - Milbro "Caledonian" - Diablo Pointed waisted - Webley Special Waisted Pellets - Gun Screwdriver Kit, one screw bit is missing, a dioptre rear sight, a silencer, . plus a few other bits and bobs. ( price to be determined) Interested people can email me and i could send a picture. Need to calculate a price, a pellet collector's input would be appreciated. Most of the pellets are unopened and some no longer manufactured.
    ATB
    abewilson,
    I would sell those items seperately. Job lots tend to sell at bargain price. The Vipers, Sabo's and Webley specials are desirable individual items. Though very interesting, not many people collect vintage chronographs. Diopter sights are popular at the moment. Posting is a must, its easy to send with a courior or royal mail. Many shops have parcel services. I sold off many of my surplus possessions a few years ago and was a bit daunted by posting, but its easy enough.
    Last edited by silva; 27-04-2024 at 10:21 PM.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Ballistical

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    I got £25 for mine at the Nov 23 Wallis and Wallis auction. I paid 10 times that about 15 years ago.
    Think they are now just a curiosity with very little value to modern airgunners …
    Sad
    Don't remember how much I paid for mine, over 20 years ago.. it is amazing how prices come to reach their peak and then go down. Numbers made could be the main factor. The serial number of 170 on my pendulum, gave me some confidence and feeling that it would one day be collectable
    I have been given a lot food for thought

ATB
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.