Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mental moment, should I convert one of my Webleys to .25?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Mental moment, should I convert one of my Webleys to .25?

Hi all, Just having a bit of a think out loud, I have a .25 barrel off cut that I picked up at one of the bashes, I'm thinking of converting one of my Webley sidelevers to .25, as the barrel screws in (after some machining obviously) and I can get a spare pellet trap, the rifle can always be converted back if desired.

Do you think it would be worth doing, I love my .25 Beeza, so another .25 would be fun and different.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

No. Not a good idea.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Provided you can return it back to how it was if you feel like it’s not for you then why not. You gotta love a quarter bore, especially a unique quarter bore 😎

Quarterbores are the only calibre that matters. Do it, you know you want to.

Do not sell this man any air guns no matter what he says

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Provided you can return it back to how it was if you feel like it’s not for you then why not. You gotta love a quarter bore, especially a unique quarter bore 😎
    I've found out that the barrels screw in, so it should be easy enough to remove the old one (famous last words), machine the new barrel and screw in and open out a pellet trap to .25, then put a tuning kit in and try and get the two stage trigger to work in it.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Go for it Pete, if you love the .25 and are already a fan of the fun and different what’s not to like?

I’ve had the springer .25 itch for a while as I do shoot a .25 pcp a lot ratting, a recent visit to my local rfd and a plink with a Cometa 400 .25 has turned that itch into a very big rash, absolutely brilliant fun shooting that and a clever move by the rfd 😂
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Well I've just bought a Tracker pellet tap, so the projects parts list is now complete lol.

I was thinking of doing this .25 conversion with a TX200 but it would have been costly and more parts needed (modified underlever), so decided on the Viscount I have, I can go as short as I need with the barrel without having to worry about cocking effort from either a short barrel or underlever.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Well I've just bought a Tracker pellet tap, so the projects parts list is now complete lol.

I was thinking of doing this .25 conversion with a TX200 but it would have been costly and more parts needed (modified underlever), so decided on the Viscount I have, I can go as short as I need with the barrel without having to worry about cocking effort from either a short barrel or underlever.
    nah, the TX would need nothing other than the barrel machining. Someone's been misleading you.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    nah, the TX would need nothing other than the barrel machining. Someone's been misleading you.
    Would it not depend on the length of the barrel?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Would it not depend on the length of the barrel?
    Sure, if it's a mk1 or 2 unshrouded, A shrouded Mk3 the barrel can finish anywhere in there. So if your .25 donor barrel it particularly short, and you have a full length TX mk1 or 2, then yes, I get your predicament.. but then I'd just add a shoud, bolt the muzzle catch onto it, job done... No need to hack up the underlever.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I'll have to scope my quarter bore up.
    I'm feeling left out.

Bigger is better!
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Sure, if it's a mk1 or 2 unshrouded, A shrouded Mk3 the barrel can finish anywhere in there. So if your .25 donor barrel it particularly short, and you have a full length TX mk1 or 2, then yes, I get your predicament.. but then I'd just add a shoud, bolt the muzzle catch onto it, job done... No need to hack up the underlever.
    I was thinking of buying Petes mk1 TX (unless he wants to swap it for my Fenman) but decided against it and spend the money on completing some projects and using existing rifles for other projects, we are hopefully moving house soon and I've realised I have rather a lot of shooting stuff to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    I'll have to scope my quarter bore up.
    I'm feeling left out.

Bigger is better!
    Do it, I'm sure I heard we are going to have a quarter bore club at the bash, hopefully Tone won't be part of that one

Do it, I'm sure I heard we are going to have a quarter bore club at the bash, hopefully Tone won't be part of that one
    Hee, hee, hee!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!