Thread: Diana / Milbro G80

Diana / Milbro G80

To my knowledgeable BBS members

I'm embarking on the journey of 're-commissioning' a G80, found in an loft, in original box and obviously had very, very little use - its pristine....

I've soaked the almost solid Piston washer in neetsfoot oil and its looking half reasonable now. The spring guide fits like a Pri** in a shirt sleeve, but that will be resolved by a newly turned one from Tinners to fit the replacement Titan No5.

What sort of power should I be achieving after the rebuild - I assume sub 12 fpe, but given its age and agricultural original internals, would it be more around the 8/9 fpe mark?

TIA

Cheers Steve

g80

I had one back in the day i was only young but it was a nice air rifle i would say may 8/9 ftlbs

Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    I had one back in the day i was only young but it was a nice air rifle i would say may 8/9 ftlbs
    Many thanks....that was my thought.

Nice rifles and very accurate, only letdown was the plastic triggers, as mentioned 8-9 ftlb sounds about right, perhaps pushing it out to 10, not power guns back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
    Nice rifles and very accurate, only letdown was the plastic triggers, as mentioned 8-9 ftlb sounds about right, perhaps pushing it out to 10, not power guns back in the day.
    Hopefully it should go back together well. I have to say however, I aways shudder when I come across pistons and spring guides fabricated from rolled tin plate....

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    About 10 on a good day. They have their faults I fear, the trigger unit does not always seat securely. The die cast sights can break. But they are fun plinkers.

Is there nay chance you could take and send to me a couple of pics of rifle and its box? My email is in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    About 10 on a good day. They have their faults I fear, the trigger unit does not always seat securely. The die cast sights can break. But they are fun plinkers.

Is there nay chance you could take and send to me a couple of pics of rifle and its box? My email is in my profile.
    Once it's back together I will...

Cheers Steve