Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piston gliding

Piston gliding

Anyone out there offering piston gliding? For an HW80 if that makes any difference
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Piston

Nick Simmons is your man but he is a like busy at the moment so prepare for await. Mach 1.5

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Nick Simmons is your man but he is a like busy at the moment so prepare for await. Mach 1.5
    I was just typing the same
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Or if you are in a hurry, there is a glided HW80 piston on the bay.

Is gliding buttoning, ringing or both?
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Piston.

As above. If in a hurry one evil bay..VMACH old stock. Mach 1.5

As above. If in a hurry one evil bay..VMACH old stock. Mach 1.5

I saw that, I think it's about £80, I think Nick Simmons charges around £60 plus postage.
    Your choice.
    Open Channel D

Another vote for Nick Simmons

Yep, I'd be going for the V-Mach one, if still available.

If not, how about Nick G?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Piston

Some tuners re work HW pistons. VMach machined their own and only used HW latching rods. Steve once told me there were 17 processes in making a 97 / 77 VGlide unit. Mach 1.5

I've been in touch with the seller on bay of fleas and his are custom made (assuming it is this one 285824109090 - if there is another I've missed when searching on there please can someone post the item number)

Keen to make simple changes - out of the box the HW80 has been so much better than the 99 and 95 that came before it, power has crept up a little from new, and it is almost 1980's long with the HW mod on the end of it, so there is a DM80 slimtech style 'barrel weight' on order, and while I have it apart to lop the end of the spring off having a thorough clean, deburr and decent grease makes sense.... and if there are fractions to be gained in smoothness by gliding it would be a good opportunity to do it all at once

Just not too sure about the lightening of the piston - shot cycle out of the box was smooth and docile, has become a little less docile as power has crept up (about .5ft/lb with 16gr pellet), see no reason for drastic machining if it's not required
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

I was told that buttoning/banding etc just helps with the cocking. My 80 cocks really easily so I won't have need of it.
    I have no idea what lightening would do, and until I know I will leave well alone.

Don't get me wrong, there's loads of information on here, out there about it, but I can't, yet, understand it.
    Open Channel D

Piston

The venom lazaglide/ VMach vglide systems run 25mm piston. The maglaza they did ran a 30mm piston. Mach 1.5

The venom lazaglide/ VMach vglide systems run 25mm piston. The maglaza they did ran a 30mm piston. Mach 1.5
    I've used a maglaza piston with a nose extension in the past, which worked rather well for many years, however the rifle ended up with a VMach reduced cylender conversion by Steve(RIP) which is possiblely the ultimate HW 80 conversion.

Piston

Would have to agree the VMach reduced cylinder conversion is possiblely the ultimate 80 tune hence I brought a full VMach 80 the other week. Tried it and I couldn't say no to my friends excellent work. Mach 1.5