Thread: Daystate Competa Pistol

Daystate Competa Pistol

Whats A Daystate Competa Pistol In 2.2 Worth?

Cost a fortune in ammo

They seem to go around the £600 mark in good condition but are really a collectors item.

ATB
    Ray.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

sniper22 Guest
    considering theres only 126 mk2 and 23 mk1 competas ever made, the last one being sold by the factory for £700 in 1990 (#126), its worth what someone will pay for it.

mines a mk2 in .177 cal and i turned down an offer of over a grand about 4 weeks ago. mines in absolute a1 condition and in its original case with all the tools etc that it came with.
    ray - if you can find some ay £600 quid mate, ill buy em all day long and keep them for the future.

dont ask for offers on here because like i did youll get pilloried, and the post deleted. (rules of the bbs)

ps mk1's usually command higher prices than mk2's
    Last edited by sniper22; 28-11-2005 at 09:44 PM.

Hi Tony,
    You could have had one in the thread you posted on for £595.

Missed chance?

ATB
    Ray.

sniper22 Guest
    no ray, i would have taken the bloke for a ride. i have morals, so i emailed him to give my advice.
    i bought mine for a lot less than that one before i researched the history of the competa. at the time the estimate of numbers produced was 250 mk2 and god only knows how many mk1's. at the time i paid the going rate for one. the seller was happy and so was i. took me 5yrs to find an example as clean as mine.

Only a couple of months since you bought your pistol Tony.
    With yours, the one in the post and the one you had up for sale none have gone for more than £600 then.
    I wasn't that far out.

ATB
    Ray.

sniper22 Guest
    the one that i "had for sale" was for a daystate owner in the us. i posted it on the bbs not knowing that o.n.o or offers are banned. i bought mine at the midland game fair. the following week i was allowed access to the archives at the factory to write a piece for the daystate owners club. theres been none sold for over £600 since because the owners either love to shoot them, own them or see them as an asset worth some money.
    £600 is a fair price - IF you can find one and IF its in a1 condition.
    i saw one that looked like it was dragged from a pond. priced at £500, i steered clear. i know of 3 m2's up to now in the uk, mine, lloyds and the one in the link. so where are the rest?
    i know of only 1 mk1 and thats for sale by the owner in the us.

This one, number 29, could be added to the list. http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....hlight=Competa

I wonder who bought it?

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 29-11-2005 at 12:46 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

sniper22 Guest
    17/6/04 it was sold. when there were believed to be 250 in existance. £335 was cheap. was it you bought it ian?
    Last edited by sniper22; 29-11-2005 at 12:52 AM.