Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pellets

Pellets

Im shortly going to upgrade my 50 yr old springer to something (.22 calibre) a bit more modern. I’ve been using 5.6mm pellets. Will these work in a modern barrel or should I go over to 5.5 mm pellets ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bsa2 View Post
    Im shortly going to upgrade my 50 yr old springer to something (.22 calibre) a bit more modern. I’ve been using 5.6mm pellets. Will these work in a modern barrel or should I go over to 5.5 mm pellets ?
    Quite possibly not ideal, but you don’t know until you try.
    Depending on what pellets they are, there may be interest on here for the vintage gun collectors (so things like 1920s Webleys and BSAs etc.) Or else invest in a pellet resizer if you fancy spending many hours doing that.

No sell them to me.
    I'll give you the 2/6 that you paid for them.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

If you can afford too, keep your old gun until you have tried the new one.
    You may not like it as much.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Pellets

I have had good results with the H&N FTT 14.66 gr 5.53 mm pellets in my HW95L .22.

Not going to get rid of old bsa had it to long. Been looking at a Weihrauch 99s as a upgrade

Then you’re keeping the pellets anyway, so try them. However I don’t think I could get a 5.6 Wasp in any of my Weihrauchs. Assumed by your online name you’re a bit of a BSA fan…

Upgrade

It was all I knew however a friend has just bought one and I’m impressed with the quality

You can get 5.6mm bulldog pellets not sure what they are like but they are in the old Eley wasp diablo shape.

I don’t have a 99 - the closest to that I have is a 95k, which is also an excellent rifle. If you like the idea then go for it, but you’ll probably be better of with one of the RWS pellets. If you feel like tinkering, something like one of Tinbum’s kits will improve things as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    No sell them to me.
    I'll give you the 2/6 that you paid for them.
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    You can get 5.6mm bulldog pellets not sure what they are like but they are in the old Eley wasp diablo shape.
    Yep I understand Lincoln Jeffries (of the Marksman fame) took them on after Lanes demise. I’ve not tried the latest version, but given that Marksman aren’t actually that bad (especially their 5.6 variant) I’d hope the Bulldog reputation would be improved on that of old.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Then you’re keeping the pellets anyway, so try them. However I don’t think I could get a 5.6 Wasp in any of my Weihrauchs. Assumed by your online name you’re a bit of a BSA fan…
    Those old Wasps will fit in the Weihrauch barrel, but they'll be a tight fit. 'Back in the day", many of us used the old Wasps in German barrels. They were a very tight "snap" fit in my 127 Sport. But most switched to the German 5.5mm pellets.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    I don’t have a 99 - the closest to that I have is a 95k, which is also an excellent rifle. If you like the idea then go for it, but you’ll probably be better of with one of the RWS pellets. If you feel like tinkering, something like one of Tinbum’s kits will improve things as well.
    RWS pellets good. But do also try the H&N FTT and some of the JSB Jumbo ones. Fantastic little rifle is the 99. Maybe better to check for / do the anti-galling mods too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

P.S. .Welcome to the forum.