Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How bad are Spitfires really?

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Handy for pest control then should an infestation occur, never got the Spitfire my Sister adopted for me for Chrristmas, I was going to call it Tiddles and take it for flights down the park.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    So save your money and don’t buy crap!

Buy cheap, buy twice
    Aren't you technically unable to use a Pellet twice?
    I get you, don't mind buying the good stuff for proper work but when it's just sending into old Junk seems a little daft using the good stuff for that, mind you the Daisy RR sort of already fills that role if you don't mind dodging the odd BB, Gun wise I do stay away from the cheapos now (unless its an oddball or for the reason its crap aka Gat) and would rather just save up and get a fixer upper thats more capable.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Segata View Post
    Aren't you technically unable to use a Pellet twice?
    Sometimes I do just for a laugh if they are in visually perfect condition. That's low power, missed the spinner and caught by a soft cloth back-stop. If I hit the spinner the second time it's a bonus! It's all shooting practice - and sometimes power testing. Anyway used ones shoot abt as well as the Nickersons that I've nearly used up thank god.

You do a lot of power testing to finally arrive at PP700S-A settings which keep the gun cool but with the best power available.

I use a pellet that's better than I can shoot, so with me if it's pistols that's not asking too much of the pellets. I have good ones and less good ones but they all still help teach me how to shoot.

The latest Spitfires along with the Victory Shock Round are competent for my pistol shooting, for the HW80 I use Superdome (unused!). Changing pellet always means more zeroing - but hey - it's all shooting!
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

I will reuse good BBs but not sure I'd want to do it with pellets through a Rifled barrel, I do like Superdomes as I was given a tin of 177s and have been using them in the Daisy on one Pump and still getting pinpoint results, got some RWS Hobbys and Pest controls for if I take it Hunting (although probably not the best option as the Clacking of the Pump my scare off potential quarry).
    22 wise it's Superfields and old stock wasps atm, Falcon has the wasps and BSA gets the Superfields as thats how they seem happiest, do want to try new things in them though as I don't particularly want to be hunting NOS pellets if I can help it and Budgets what they are I need to watch sales to get them as cheap as I can without them being so bad they end up frequent flyers running the risk of lleaving the boundry.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Messerschmitts don't like them

THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Messerschmitts don't like them
    Beat me to it.

Melv

Chippendale. (with clothes on)