Thread: Making a Pistol Hard case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Segata is online now Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    Deffo can't knock getting good tools though, did used to skip dive but can't anymore, deffo would be cool finding something like my IXO screwdriver case to do that with.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I’ve looked into this extensively and unless you’re using it as a display system the most PRACTICAL thing is to get a metal barn-type tool box so you can padlock it, then get soft zippered cases for the pistols. You can get them in all sizes I discovered, including giant ones suitable for long-barrelled beasts like my Brno. The steel padlocked box is much harder to get into than a plastic case and can be chained to a fitting in the boot of your car. It can safely take more than one pistol and you just get a different zip case should you change pistol. So much easier than buggering about with cubed foam, plywood, cardboard expanding foam or polystyrene. And can be used to store pistols at home safely.

Just my two pennies.

I was thinking display too although thinking of racking aswell which would render that part pointless (unless I buy more pistols which is always possible), I get you on the Toolbox as got one for Ammo, I do however have to watch weight as it can pull on things, something I need to think about then.

always nice to make your own stuff if you can source the materials for free

I can for the most part or find things cheap, it's more to just occupy myself so when my brain acts up I'm being constructive rather than destructive.
    Back before injuries and commitments I used to work on all sorts, would pretty much fix anything and restore allsorts, even doing fine detail stuff to train out the problems with coordination that come from Dyspraxia so we've been trying to get me doing it again when I'm up to it to try and help the mental side, just takes a lot longer with a recent example being a Gumball Machine, old days 1 week from start to paint with buffing a week or so later when paints hardened, it was well past 6 months by time I was finally putting the finishing touches on.