Thread: Eley Wasps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Makes you wonder with modern technology that such dies cant be remade, it seems they still have the machinery as they are still making pellets, just a matter of the dies. So whats in the process of making pellets?

Eley Wasps

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    Makes you wonder with modern technology that such dies cant be remade, it seems they still have the machinery as they are still making pellets, just a matter of the dies. So whats in the process of making pellets?
    I wouldn't know, think they are cold formed from precision lead alloy wire I've only made them with the casting process with an LEM mould in the 80's which was very time consuming, take off your rose tinted specs mate & try some FTT's or jsb rs or express in your springers. We have a vast selection to choose from, ok you might need a mortgage to buy them now after brexsh*t but at least we still have the choice.....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    I dont think they make the Match pellets. Pretty sure they are re-labelled H&N. Have a look on the tin label.

Wasps are no more ?? Glad I bulk bought pellets years ago !
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
    Wasps are no more ?? Glad I bulk bought pellets years ago !
    Don't think 'proper' Wasps have been made for yonks...there was a remake, in a very similar tin, a few years back. Which were rubbish, bought some in both .22 & .177, lots of swarf & misshapes. Might have been another re brand since, but find H&N/FTTs etc fine for my use.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I was lucky to be given some a while back, my Webley Falcon loves them but eventually I've got to find an affordable replacement as the new ones aren't the same and NOS is not always easy to get or cheap.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid

I've still got 1/2 a tin of old wasps, my airsporters shoot ftt better. My mercury seems to do best with RWS super H point. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

i liked wasps a lot