Thread: Logun MKI and MKII; what's the diff?

Logun MKI and MKII; what's the diff?

Could anyone tell me the main differences between the Logun MKI and MK2? I noticed the MK1 version in second hand (as well as the MKII version, I might add) is a not too expensive a pcp. How do they compare to the latest batch of pcp's?
    Thanks, Hans.
    Last edited by JIHdeHaan; 01-12-2005 at 04:06 PM.

I've just been out shooting (or should that be swimming) with Wurzel, he's got a Mk1 which struck me as being a very nicely made and screwed together bit of kit.

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Main differences I can remember are the Mk11 has a safety catch and a pressure guage. They also gave it a higher shot capacity by lengthening the air resevoir, Mk11 carbine is roughly the same length of a standard Mk1.

Cocking action is the smoothest you will find on any rifle,but is slow to operate (feels like it works by hydraulics). There are reports of it misfed pellets but as I only used the recommended accupels I never had any problems. New prices are quite high but second hand seems more reasonable because they don't seem to hold there price very well.

I would definatly be interested in buying a short .20 cal, but don't tell the missus
    Common sense is becoming so rare these days, it should be considered a superpower

baxterbasics Guest
    Along with the daystate mk 3 and rapid 7,the Logun mk 1 / 11 is the best sporting air rifle for pest control.The aftersales ans customer care from Airgunsport (AGS) is Second to NONE

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by baxterbasics
    Along with the daystate mk 3 and rapid 7,the Logun mk 1 / 11 is the best sporting air rifle for pest control.The aftersales ans customer care from Airgunsport (AGS) is Second to NONE
    Yeah yeah yeah-thought you'd be on!! You should change your user name to 'Logunman' you like them so much. Rumour has it that Bax used to sleep with his until his wife complained about the oil stains on the sheets. All this may be a vicious slander put about by members of Cobham (mainly myself and Buddyboy) but hey we have the right to have some fun too don't we?
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Not criticising, but why pick out those three? I'd choose something lighter and more pointable.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22
    I've just been out shooting (or should that be swimming) with Wurzel, he's got a Mk1 which struck me as being a very nicely made and screwed together bit of kit.

Rich
    Rich ... Considering this shooting trip has been on the cards since June .... We had to pick the worst day for flooding that Devon has seen in years lol

Hans ... i picked my Logun up for less than an Air Arms S410k from my local gun shop and i have to say i'm very pleased with it but i dont think i would go out and pay the asking price for a brand new one but as has already been mentioned if you can find a good second hand one then i'd have a serious look at it as they dont hold their value like a Rapid or a Daystate would

wurzel
    Logun Carbine 177 ~ Aetec 3.8~12 x 44

Super Shooter Guest
    I've got a Logun Mk1 and I'm really pleased with it!! Great gun!

I think The original Logans were almost hand built and of very high quality and made by Mr Logan. But once they were mass produced it was a different story...

Super Shooter Guest
    I've just been into DAI in Kidderminster and they have two MK1s for sale at over £500 - I think you might get a better deal buying off of here.

I've got a Logun MKII as well, and the Mk1 has a better trigger unit on it. But I love them both!

sdr Guest

Smile

I have a Mk2 pro for sale in 2.2 with silencer, simmons 3-9 x40 scope,pump and logun casemat, v good condition and was serviced by logun in jan 06 in looking for £450.