Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why dont they come with us!!

pixybasher Guest

why dont they come with us!!

I ask the the question again... why is it that the "partners-wives" never want to come to a shoot?
    Well, the Mrs always tells me that there aint no toilets available.
    To be honest I sometimes have to agree...
    Us "athletes" need to get provisions in place so that the the girls can come along and feel that they are apart of what we are doing....
    Some of us may like the fact that it is a dayout with the boys but it would be nice to see some our partners attending.

I do my best with mine but she hates the cold ....but in my eyes thats a poor excuse so she i will be getting loads of grief this Saturday Night cos we got a shoot this Sunday.
    Fingers crossed .

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    My missus comes to every meet at Shepreth - but she does do the club catering and i would be lynched if i didn't bring her

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    I have problems STOPPING my missus coming to the shoots I attend!

stop moaning and count yourself lucky m8!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Red face Toilets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pixybasher
    I ask the the question again... why is it that the "partners-wives" never want to come to a shoot?
    Well, the Mrs always tells me that there aint no toilets available.
    To be honest I sometimes have to agree...
    Us "athletes" need to get provisions in place so that the the girls can come along and feel that they are apart of what we are doing....
    Some of us may like the fact that it is a dayout with the boys but it would be nice to see some our partners attending.

I do my best with mine but she hates the cold ....but in my eyes thats a poor excuse so she i will be getting loads of grief this Saturday Night cos we got a shoot this Sunday.
    Fingers crossed .
    Well said.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Fair points raised so far but I would really like to see some input from those whose partners do attend. Mr. P Sparkes is the name that springs to mind.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Not A Hope In Hell!!!

No bl00dy chance! I want to get away now and again + I don't want 'er indoors to join the BBTW club, no way, absolutely not!!!!

We don't want an 'Elite' bunch of women taking all the trophys now,do we?

I know it sounds sexist but leave them to their own hobbies

How dare anyone make such a suggestion

Nev

http://veteransinaction.org.uk My favourite Military Charity

http://nevsniggles.com Handyman Services

nelsdad is offline Jings crivens an' help ma boab!
    sometimes its best to get down to the club on your own. If my missus comes, or my daughter for that matter, I end up being a shooting "caddy". loading guns, charging them, giving advice on stance, carrying the guns from one lane to the next, taking stick because "this scope isn't zero'ed". Getting the guns from the car, getting them out of their case, cleaning and packing them away when finished, oh, and all the driving as well, choosing a nice wee place for sunday roast, paying for it while I listen to them say "it wasn't very good this week was it?"

Count yourself lucky old chap
    Bill

Gary C Guest
    I think I'm lucky. If Sammie chucked it I'd give up HFT, hunting midweek and HFT practice and events would be too much time apart.

garden@harnash. Guest

leave them at home

no no no leave them at home .
    Its bad enough being beaten by her in-doors every time we go fishing.
    beening thrashed at shooting as well, that would just be to much to bear.
    Tip= cut all the bushes down around your shoot and when nature calls she will want to go home and leave you alone to do "proper shooting".

On a serious note wouldnt it be great to see a few more females attending shooting events?

cottage in the gower in wales or in bartley green
    id love to see more women at the shoots , give me more than just the targets to look at , so if theres any women that want a shooting partner let me know
    Last edited by ninjazx6guyoo4; 02-12-2005 at 06:39 PM.

Sniper296 Guest
    Well, now I have got Bex a new X2R for hunting amd HFT, she is getting more and more excited.

I am looking forward to having her come along, mainly cos' it gets bloody cold at night, and its nice to have a hot water bottle/person!

But joking aside, it would be good to see more woman join in, after all, its not rugby, so anyone, anysize, any shape, any sex can play!

Quote Originally Posted by mfr marcus
    ahhhhhhhh ,what are you after Gary cheers marcus
    Probably a nice big xmas pressie
    My other half come s to most of the shoots and joins in with some of them when she is not oo cold, and thanks to Mrs Sparkes it looks like i will have to buy her a new gun
    Darren

You get her that MK3 yet?
    The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

"The voice" used to come along to the gun club with us, that was before she discovered Suduko. I did not enjoy being told how to shoot.
    Shes happy now.

John
    I Wear my Badge I have my Voice Proud to be a BASC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    I think I'm lucky. If Sammie chucked it I'd give up HFT, hunting midweek and HFT practice and events would be too much time apart.
    Ah, brings tears to these old jaded eye,s, but I understand what you are saying, your are indeed a lucky man to have such a lovely lady as Sammie at your side.

jim
    ex blue job