Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gat Gun, How Does It Work??

bullsmilk Guest
    if were talking about classics what about the good old G10 REPEATER

"JUST LIKE GAT" [/QUOTE]

Or, Not Like Gat but like Gat"... Groan...
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.”

Thumbs up He he he!

3 years to come up with that, Andy?
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Gat Gun, How Does It Work??

Poorly.

slowly!

that has to be a time record on post resurrection....
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

A man's gat to do what a man's gat to do ...
    "I would laud the day when there is a rifle in every cottage in England." Robert Arthur Talbot Gascoyne-Cecil.Your 'local' hospice needs your charity . Please give until it hurts..I made this

Should've used the safety to strip it.....my finger's got a nice bruise forming now.

Dang, but I can be a clumsy oaf at times!
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

sunderland......Next to the horse punchers
    what a great gun! if you can call it that,playing english and japs on them warm summer nights in the 80s!!!!!!shooting each other with bog roll out of the gat Happy days!!

I Am Also Part Of The YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club On This Forum

It's funny how such an outwardly simple design can have so many learned people confused and interested at the same time.

Just dig it out from the cupboard and have a nostalgic plink... they work on magic!

When i had one i took it apart and there is a little hole at the breach end of the barrel, like a transfer port. So air must be used some how, along with a bit of magic. The barrel is inside the cylinder so as it flys forwards the air stays where it is and is forced out through the transfer port in the barrel and along with a bit of Newtons law the pellet is sent on its way.

JD75 and springboy are correct.It is an air pistol,not a catapult! Enjoyed by hundreds of thousands but hated by all those who pretended to shoot themselves (and others!) in the head with one.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    I think you will find there is an air chamber round the barrel in the body of the pistol. As the barrel moves forward the chamber compresses the air enters into the barrel through a small hole near the rear. This is why there is a probe to put the pellet passed the hole.

There is a catapult action but not nearly enough to propel a pellet or dart.
    Exactly so. When I were about 12 I took mine apart to find out how it worked. This then became the subject of a lecture I delivered to my English class, with diagrams drawn on the blackboard (there was a competition, the winner of which would get to address the entire school assembly - I did not want to win the competition so I deliberately chose a subject which would a) not make look a twat in front of my mates, and b) not be suitable for delivery in assembly ). This achieved the desired result on both counts and was well received. Many of the lads spoke to me later as they too were under the impression that it worked like a catapult. It seemed obvious to me that the pellet was projected at a velocity far higher than that of the barrel.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Holy thread resurrection Gatman!
    It's all forgotten now, but Rockers and Mods only started fighting as the Rockers were annoyed at having some of their comments removed

Yep... A good 'un, like the Gat. JD75 is right, there is a piston seal (of sorts,) at the rear end of the push in assembly which compresses air as it whizzes forward, as said the transfer port delivers air behind the pellet. If the probe is missing, it won't work, so the "momentum only" boys are wrong!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

I found if you remove the plastic spring cover it still works