Thread: Tesro RS 100

Tesro RS 100

For anyone who would have been interested. I recieved this email in answer to my question.

Dear Mr Johnson,

at the moment we don’t have a plan to produce a fieltarget rifle.

Best regards

Daniel Römer
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Von: RA Johnson [mailto:shadow11ray@fast24.co.uk]
    Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. September 2005 11:59
    An: info@tesro.de
    Betreff: Tesro RS 100

Wille produzieren Sie ein Feldzielgewehr für den Export zum U/K.

Respekt Raymond Ein Johnson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Tesro themselves might not intend to produce an FT version but I understand that Mr Sykes might have a few ideas about modding the 10metre match rifle. Let's face it that's how it started for the Steyr, Anschutz etc.
    Very nice gun btw, in the meccano way that is becoming more familiar.
    I have only seen the 10m version so far as I understand that JS hasn't got round to modding one yet. The pistol is very nice too.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Talked to Jon Sykes this morning and he confirmed that he is still planning to mod a Tesro for field target use. Unfortunately he hasn't had the time to get round to starting yet. If you have any questions about the Tesro rifle or pistol I know that he would be happy to talk.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

The problem I have with the Tesro is.

I can look up the Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, Steyr and Walther, World class and Olympic competition history, sorry, no EV2.

Whats the Tesro history?

I quite like the Alu' Tech' chassis of the new breed of F/T rifles. Derived from the match target shooting sports. Even if I do shoot a P/T.

Yes it looks as god as any of the Alu's out there. But when buying to compete, you dont buy on looks.

At the level of competition I shoot. I'd enjoy having the new kid on the block gun. At least I'd be popular for something, other than dinking

If it has a competition history, can someone point me in the dirrection please.

Ray

Ray, you already have the "only kid on the block gun". The right handed, left eyed, dog leg special. Can't be more original than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray J
    Whats the Tesro history?

If it has a competition history, can someone point me in the dirrection please.
    Ray,

A couple or three years ago, Walther's chief designer (or near abouts) started this company along with his son.

They started off with a 10 metre match air-pistol as I recall, which was in many ways similar to the Walther LP300.

Rustam

Quote Originally Posted by bowl bugle
    Ray, you already have the "only kid on the block gun". The right handed, left eyed, dog leg special. Can't be more original than that.
    Yeh! and I'm begining to think my investment in a P/T was a waste of money.

My scores havn't increased

Ray

blucrx Guest
    apparently sortin the reg is the issue, but as soon as its sorted i will take one off hydrographics

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"

Wink Tesro RS100

Has the Tesro been sorted for FT yet, and have Hydrographics worked out a price for it?

Firstly, at least they respond to emails very few do.
    Looked into modding one some months back but could see extra mods necessary apart from power and aftersales backup, so opted for Anchutz 9003 which is sorted at approx the same price.

World class and Olympic competition history would not bother me in the slightest, what they all know about FT is practically naff all, we teach them and only use the best parts on the standard gun to get them to perform.

BIG MAFOOTA Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray J

Dear Mr Johnson,

at the moment we don’t have a plan to produce a fieltarget rifle.

Best regards

Daniel Römer
    Chatty fella isn't he.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    I've just had another look at the Tesro PDF file and noticed that it is "pellet in a groove" loading, rather than "pellet up the hole"! Why do they do that?!*

Smithies Barnsley South Yorkshire (known as Tarn)
    Quote Originally Posted by xbow
    Has the Tesro been sorted for FT yet, and have Hydrographics worked out a price for it?
    John had one in couple a weeks ago. Give him a ring to see how far he's got on with it