Thread: FT Scope Questions (chairgun)

FT Scope Questions (chairgun)

Hi all,
    I am trying to setup my scopes turret lables using Chairgun. However as i am new to this im having a little trouble. I am using a Nikko 10*50*60 as lloyd from BAR told me that its the correct type of scope for FT. Can anyone help me with the figures i should put into chairgun?

Turret

Diameter =
    Hight =
    Clicks/rev=
    Turn turret clockwise to rais POI? = yes/no ?

I have read the instructions with the Nikko and it doesnt give me any of these figures.

Ideot Savant Guest
    I leave these on defaults. The only scope parameters I put in are the clicks/MOA and the height above barrel 1.75 inches on mine. But then again I only use th mildot turret label and not the click one. So perhaps this post is no use to you at all!

I would mark up the turret by zeroing at each range. Chairgun assumes your scope works perfectly with each click having exactly the same effect on the reticule. Sadly this is not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismetallica1
    Hi all,
    I am trying to setup my scopes turret lables using Chairgun. However as i am new to this im having a little trouble. I am using a Nikko 10*50*60 as lloyd from BAR told me that its the correct type of scope for FT. Can anyone help me with the figures i should put into chairgun?

Turret

Click/MOA = 8
    Diameter = 1"
    Hight = 0.35"
    Clicks/rev = 50
    Turn turret clockwise to rais POI? = yes/no ? YES

I have read the instructions with the Nikko and it doesnt give me any of these figures.
    However I don't use the turret label, I use the circular one that fits into my Butler creek cap as a guide I can write on. Also you will find you have to make sligh adjustments to how chairgun thinks your scope should behave to get exact POI changes at different ranges. I also use white dymo and a fine marker to mark the turret once I have the exact number of clicks.
    Buggy2 (Nigel)

Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    I would mark up the turret by zeroing at each range. Chairgun assumes your scope works perfectly with each click having exactly the same effect on the reticule. Sadly this is not always the case.
    Agreed this is the only way to go.

Phil