Thread: JSB exacts

JSB exacts

I wish to try these pellets soon .22 what size do you recomend for HW100, and what does JSB stand for. thanks Garry.

Fiddler Guest
    Joseph Shultz Bohemien

Gibbon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by garrygun
    I wish to try these pellets soon .22 what size do you recomend for HW100, and what does JSB stand for. thanks Garry.
    have a look here

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    All barrels are different, so try a tin of 5.51s and 5.52s and see what your HW 100 likes best. Theyr'e the best pellets I've used, and shoot them in nearly all my rifles. The only rifles I own that don't like them are my Rapid 17 and 177 BSA Hornet, these produce best groups with Acupells. JSBs are available for £4.50 a tin from airammo.co.uk.

Have a look on www.airammo.co.uk

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler
    Joseph Shultz Bohemien
    Thats some mouthfull, what they like & weight average.

Gibbon Guest

what they like ????

The domed pellets are extremely accurate in my rifle, perhaps they will be in yours too ?

weights ? .... look HERE

JSB make the pellets for AirArms and Daystate, so the weights are 8.4 and 15.9.
    The .177 are very popular with target shooters, 'cos they are very consistant, with few dented skirts, or flyers.

Gus

I did try to get some a while back from 3( reputable dealers, )they all said JSBs dont know of them what are they? many thanks for info guys. Garry.
    Last edited by garrygun; 09-12-2005 at 11:54 PM.

Gus,

Are all JSB's created equal? Do they use the same dies for Daystate and AA? What is the most popular pellet in the UK for FT?

Thanks much,

Billy
    Please help a wounded Marine
    http://www.helpeddieryan.com

If you look at the AA Fields, you can see a crimping line on each side of the pellet, which is hardly visible on the JSB. I presume they are using an older, and more worn, die to make the AA's. A while ago, I stood some Daystates up against the AA's, and I swear they were a tiny bit shorter, but I didn't put a micrometer on them. Other people say they are the same.

Gus

Mortimer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    If you look at the AA Fields, you can see a crimping line on each side of the pellet, which is hardly visible on the JSB. I presume they are using an older, and more worn, die to make the AA's. A while ago, I stood some Daystates up against the AA's, and I swear they were a tiny bit shorter, but I didn't put a micrometer on them. Other people say they are the same.

Gus
    Mario's site is interesting with regard to this, although I don't know if they've changed since then.

ferretfil2 Guest
    JSB exacts are great pellets, for a while after i got my .177 410 i thought i couldnt shoot with it or it was bent, i kept getting really crappy groups using AA fields which ive used for ages in .22 with my Tx (without any probs ever) so after discovering the bbs and the praising of JSBs i got some 4.52s only the other day and the difference is dramatic i can now get half to three quarter inch groups standing at 40yds in fact ive just come back from my first hunting expedition with my 410 (i haddnt been out with it since i got it, i always thought that my crappy groups were to do with the weight diff between the tx and 410!) i honestly dont beleive that air arms pellets are anything like jsbs i will never look back

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer
    Mario's site is interesting with regard to this, although I don't know if they've changed since then.
    Mort... I'd seen that page before, but couldn't remember where..!
    (If you see what I mean..! )

Gus

With reference to the illustration on Mario's site, I have just been examining my 5.52 Lazadomes and 5.52 AA Fields and the both appear to be exactly the same as the illustration of the JSB's. Strangely I seem to get a VERY slight increase in accuracy with the AA Fields over the Lazadomes.
    MikeB

RWS C225 (Black) , Gamo Red Dot
    Walther CP88 (Wood/Nickel) , Gamo Red Dot
    Crosman 1377 3-9*50 JSR
    AA 410 TDR 6-24*56 Nikko
    BSA Meteor .22 I've had for 43 years!