Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA modding

LuckyPSD Guest

AA modding

Before I start I must point out that in no way do I want to do this myself but I am curious as to if its possible.

I have a AA S400 classic and I love it to bits, fantastic gun that I reckon cannot be beat at its price. Now the only thing I would change on it would be to bring the end of the barrel back a wee bit.

Anyone with decent knowledge know how feasable this would be to bring it back so the sliencer ends flush with the air res or is it not possible?

Darren Petts Guest
    The barrel can be shortened with little dificulty but there won't be room for a silencer between barrel and cylinder. Think of how thick a typical silencer is. On S400s that have had a shortened barrel they have an airstripper that is relatively thin to still clear the cylinder. Your only hope of achieving this would be an offset silencer.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it...!"

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

LuckyPSD Guest
    Fixing and improving are two different things

With regards the offset silencer I have seen them before but they are a tad rare

Seeing as though spare barrels are easy enough to come by I am not going to worry too much on it, be interesting to know it would make any accuracy or power differences.

Hmm guess this in another idea that might stay in the safety of my head then.

theres no safety in your head, just FUBAR
    Theoben Taunus avec Evolution Silencer, Simmons 3.5-10x50 Super Night View

pixybasher Guest
    What does FUBAR mean?

someone hasnt watched american war films...
    f.u.b.a.r
    f####d up beyond all recognition...
    go watch full metal jacket... great film.

pixybasher Guest
    yeh I have watched quite a few but never knew exactly what it meant, I had some idea along those lines.Thanks for that.

LuckyPSD Guest
    Thanks for that wys

Still at least I havent taken a hammer to it which was my fave way of fixing the bike if you remember that morning in newcastle

Southpaw Guest
    Again, not a qulaified answer, but couldn't you just get a carbine barrel and keep the standard cylinder? Sill no room for the silencer so would have to be one of them there funny air mod things, but it would take the risk out of hacksawing your pride and joy (so to speak) - end up looking a bit GML?

I think I am right in saying, but I will stand corrected if not, that AA barrels are choked, so if they are, you would be in danger of removing the choke, and this may seriously effect the accuracy of your gun. Leave well alone is my advise.

jim
    ex blue job

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......
    Quote Originally Posted by pixybasher
    What does FUBAR mean?
    Along the same lines as SNAFU
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY

Darren Petts Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boltaction
    I think I am right in saying, but I will stand corrected if not, that AA barrels are choked, so if they are, you would be in danger of removing the choke, and this may seriously effect the accuracy of your gun. Leave well alone is my advise.

jim
    They shorten easily from the breech end as the transfer arrangements are seperate from the barrel itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Petts
    They shorten easily from the breech end as the transfer arrangements are seperate from the barrel itself.
    Thanks for that Darren, it did come to mind after I had posted (honestly ) but of course you are right, it would mean rethreading the breach end of the barrel though, but no big shakes.

Should put the brain in gear before I post, but the gearbox is not quite what it used to be.

jim
    ex blue job

Some wag of a geologist named a newly discovered metamorphic mineral "fubarite", and it was ages before anyone realised what it ment..!

Gus
    Last edited by Gwylan; 08-12-2005 at 02:59 PM.
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.