Thread: thank you rivington riflemen

sniper22 Guest

thank you rivington riflemen

today i got a letter from rivington riflemen informing me that - quote "at the clubs annual general meeting (of weds 7th december 05) the members attending discussed your recent behaviour with regards to your internet and verbal comments made against the good name of this club, its membership, your breaches of the club rules and ethos and for sending foul language, personal emails to club officials.

there was a unanimous resolution passed by the members present and the elected committee to ban you, as an individual, with immediate effect from all future rivington riflemen events and all club ranges for life.

any person who brings our club and its name into disrepute may be barred from any future events held by rivington riflemen at the discretion of the committee. un quote.

just for the record, ANY member of ANY club, ANYWHERE is welcome at the club i formed to get away from this kind of officious claptrap. rest assured, ANY OF THE MEMBERS OF RIVINGTON ARE WELCOME TO COME TO BOLTON AIR GUN SOCIETY, ANYTIME.

our door is always open.

Muddy.Waters Guest

Question

EERRMM seems a bit harsh,is this a windup gone wrong?,hard luck mate, without going to deep ,what ever did you do to get such a letter,,,prhaps when the dust settles,who knows
    all the best anyway
    David

sniper22 Guest
    i told the secretary where to shove the club then sent him emails to say that i thought he was a nasty man. called him names then started my own club.
    never looked back since. and we dont have this self officious rubbish either.
    im amazed that they all sat there in a chicken shed on a cold december night to excommunicate an ex member that left 12mths to the day previously.
    just shows the reasons i left.

neon Guest

childish behavior

it is with great regret that i read this post.The sport does not need this at the moment.times are hard enough without this type of behavior.clubs should respect each other and not fight personal wars between members.it takes a better man to offer his hand in a jesture of peace.get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22
    im amazed that they all sat there in a chicken shed on a cold december night to excommunicate an ex member that left 12mths to the day previously.

I'm sure this is the procedure with any official club

sniper22 Guest
    even if the member left 12 months ago and set up his own very successful club. isnt it a bit jobsworthy?
    anyway - whats done is done.