Thread: It's so annoying...

Talking It's so annoying...

You buy a new rig, the missus fancies a go with the old one (never having shot before)...you set the old one up for her, explaining that she'll need to practice a bit so her grouping is nice and tight and that its probably not worth thinking about working out the bullet drop quite yet...you perhaps expect that in the evening she'll perhaps be able to bench zero the gun, but expect the groups to fall apart more in comparison in the other positions, like it is for everyone.

"have a go at sitting on the 25yd range and see what your groups are like compared to bench rest and perhaps we'll try setting up some other ranges if your consistant enough"...that should keep her quiet for a while.

...10 mins later you get a nudge, a paper target gets shoved under your nose and the question " is it ok if you dont get them in the same hole all the time? Sometimes I get a shot that makes the hole a bit bigger...is that ok?"

Arrrgggggghhhhhhh!

Mike H Guest
    Just think how Pete must feel ...
    Mike.

Sniper296 Guest
    Turret cap... twiddle left or right

Mike H Guest
    Put a dodgy silencer on and tell her the 1st session was a fluke
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H
    Just think how Pete must feel ...
    Mike.
    Its not all bad, I believe Jane is allowing Peter to win at the christmas dinner cracker pulling contest

That is a very familiar story.
    I took my daughter to my FAC rifle club, and had my nose put out of joint several times when I was beaten by her using .22lr and 357mag lever action.
    Now she has discovered boys and has given up shooting, but, now my son has said "Dad can I come shooting" ...... I think it might be time to admit defeat and take up fishing or golf or........

I had a "situation" with my sister about twenty years ago, me and my mate were sat in the back garden plinking, he had a Paratrooper repeater and i had just bought an ASI Statical out of the Catalogue (cost an arm and a leg) but i thought it was the dogs danglies then.

Anyway my sister, who was about 11 years old at the time insisted on "having a go" we were shooting at matchsticks at the bottom of the garden at the time..hitting the odd one or two, but mostly missing them, my sister eventually got to have a go with my statical, and on her firast shot she not only hit the match...she lit the bleedin thing!!!, i promptly grabbed my rifle back in disgust at her prowess with my new gun, my mate let he have a go with his...and she did the same thing again!!!! two in a row!!!

needless to say she never got another go, and was always told to bugger off if she came near our guns..or pride again, shame really, she my have had the talent to win the Olympic gold, and we ruined it for her!

RC_cola Guest

tis okay m8

when i enlisted into my high school shooting team , i was surprised to see the number of girl members . and they were all excellent shooters .

if they have found a talent , we should encourage them , and not brush them off . let her have a go with the #1 gun you may be surprised .

you are actually lucky to have a partner that can shoot , let alone one that tolerates guns you can be the bestest shooting buddies more bonding yay

i believe some of the best shooters are women ... just as many of the best cooks are men

funny world

I got a moody silence for 3 days (fine by me, there was an All Blacks test on day two) all because I was going to give away my old B2. Apparently she enjoyed shooting it. I ended up enjoying the test and buying a second hand Gamo Cadet with a 4x32 scope. That cheered her up.

I offered to but her a .22 Falcon, she said she preferred the springer.