Thread: Theoben He Fenman/Evo trigger adjustment

Ideot Savant Guest

Theoben He Fenman/Evo trigger adjustment

My fenman trigger is too heavy on both the first and second stage, and the second stage has a bit of creep.
    Is there anything I can do about this?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Ideot Savant; 28-12-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Tinashi Guest
    Wadoka m8 do what i did , get a tx instead

Ideot Savant Guest
    Well, I adjusted the trigger by bringing out the main grub screw about 3/4 and its better.
    Lighter in both stages and less creep.
    Can any more be done?

Tinashi Guest
    I tried all the adjusments in the end i took it back got a tx and a venom kit, only the kit was for a m2 model so i had to trim the spring guide and re finish it.
    It now hardly kicks a has a very fast cycle and tyat after 30 shots , so it can only get better and the trigger was so light after the fenman it will take a while to get used to it.

Tin

The trigger on my old Fenman was crap - the first stage was far too creepy and heavy; meaning half the time you'd pull all the way through the second stage while trying to find it

Did all I could with adjustments - I dare say a strip, polish and dry lube would help, although I got rid of my Fenman before trying...

I have to say fenman triggers are good...so long as you've never had a go with a HW or AA springer

Paul.

You have to ensure the trigger spring prong is positioned properly, such that it does not get lifted when you screw the adjuster in, I use a narrow screw driver to keep it clear of the adjuster threads when screwing the adjuster in.

The spring prong is bent slightly so it engages with the adjuster, presumably to ensure the adjuster does not move when the gun is in use. When screwing the adjuster in, you have to keep the prong clear of the adjuster, otherwise the prong will lift up as the adjuster is screwed in, increasing tension on the spring in so doing.

If the trigger has been removed and reassembled the spring prong may not be in its correct position, and be at a greater tension than it should be.

Ideot Savant Guest
    I was adjusting out to reduce pressure.