Thread: another question

another question

I now have a straight barrel and good scope on my hw95K as I've been whining about on here, but now I wish to look at silencers. I know that the 95k isn't threaded but could this be added and what sought of costs would we be talking about. Just want to open my options for silencers there's only two that I can use at moment

cheers
    The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Snipers averaged 1.3 rounds.
    The cost difference was $2,300 V 0.27 cents

chinstrap Guest
    hi mate,
    i had a pro-system on mine and it wasnt spectacular. i dont know what the slimtechs are like.
    what i did was take mine to sandwell field sports and had a full length shroud fitted.they chop the barrel an inch or two before hand so you end up with a
    gun thats about 43ins and looks and feels very good.
    the down side is cost. remember for sure but i think it was about 80-90 quid. but well worth it imo...hth

regards shaun

threading a piece of tube (which is what a barrel is after all ) is (in principle) a quite straight forward process. being a break barrel you could take the barrel to your local engineering place ( or model engineer) and have a thread cut onto it. 1/2" unf is a common size (in old school engineering anyway ).

however barrels are ( i think) hardened, and so not easy to machine, so thats a bit of a complication. a ground thread is possible, but more expensive equipment...

if you are serious id try posting a question on the model engineering bbs and see if there is anyone in your area willing to try it ( on a spare barrel )

Dave
    Solutions by Sanderson
    Solving and Saving stuff for the sake of it

I had mine cut and threaded £40 from venom,slimtech silencer £25 or so.have you tried ben taylor?he might be able to do it

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk but originally a Brummie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubei
    I had mine cut and threaded £40 from venom,slimtech silencer £25 or so.have you tried ben taylor?he might be able to do it
    Echoing the above, I'd send it to Venom mate, and have it tuned at the same time.

(Oh, and then sell it to me, ok? )

AndrewB