Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning An Aas4** Barrel.

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......

Cleaning An Aas4** Barrel.

I apolagise if this has been covered, and to be honest it has has probably been done to death. I have done a search but did not find anything conclusive.

Here goes......

Do I need to clean the barrel on my S410 (.22)? If so how often and what is the best thing to use?

Thank-you.
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY

It's been inconclusive because there is no hard and fast answer.

However......

1. Yes clean your barrel.

2. See how many shots you put through it before your groups open up again, persoanlly I clean after every couple of tins.

3. Use a pull-through, drop Snock on here a PM, he'll be able to sort you out.

Cheers

Rich
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

Although some people treat the 400 as some kind of deity, 'tis but a normal, fairly average, piece of lead-launching machinery. It needs cleaning along the same lines of other guns.

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    I clean mine every two tins (1,000 pellets) or earlier if using Accupells.

To clean it, I use 30 Lbs breaking strain fishing line, about 5 feet will do and tie a small loop at one end. In the loop I attach two small strips of jay cloth or similar (not a new one as her indoors will be asking why her new kitchen cloths have holes in them) which I "dampen" not soak in a mixture of gun lube/oil silicon basd stuff and a drop or two of pellet lube.

Feed the line down through the barrel which is easy as 30 lbs line is very stiff, and pull this through a couple of times. Then replace the jay cloth with new pieces which are dry and pull them through. Result, nice clean barrel and very tight grouping.
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

I pull through from breech to muzzle using Napier Gun Cleaner on the patch. Hold the gun upsidedown to stop any fluid getting into the transfer port.
    Then a couple of dry ones. If you are leaving the rifle for a while, one last patch with a little gun oil on it. Don't use rods, you push all the crud down to the transfer port, and O-ring. Also the joints can damage your crown and rifling.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Instructions?

Have you thought to read the instruction book? If you do not have it you can download from here
    http://www.air-arms.co.uk/TECHSTUFF.htm
    Richard

Beer Hunter Guest
    I clean every 500 shots and in my rifle (an S410K .22 using AA field 5.52) it does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sphexx
    Have you thought to read the instruction book? If you do not have it you can download from here
    http://www.air-arms.co.uk/TECHSTUFF.htm

just what I said
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

The best stuff, 'designed' specifically for cleaning rifled bores, is 'Napier Rifle Clean' (red box) ... at the very bottom of the following web-page.

Napier UK

Regards ... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

Quote Originally Posted by rusham
    just what I said
    Absolutely. I just thought it sounded like he did not have the instructions and might find them helpful in other ways.
    Richard

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......
    Thanks for the information guys.
    Sorry I was a bit late getting back to you, been a bit busy with Crimbo and what not!!

I think I will go for the pull through idea with the J'cloth and just keep pulling till it's clean.

Just one more thing, do I need to take the silencer off? I have just spent a day in the field getting everything sorted and do not want to have to re-zero the blooming thing when I have taken the silencer off!!

Thanks.
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY

i used to clean the barrels but hardly never bother now if i do its once a year when i have a good clean and strip of the gun.have never noticed the difference in hunting conditions it may be different in hft or ft but most of the time there are alot more varibles to take into account.

scotty(if it aint broke....)
    "stuff" is just"stuff" but happieness is hard to find!

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Just for old times sake (stuck record blah blah blah)
    I can't recommend the VFG cleaning kit highly enough. Removes more crud than a napier bore cleaner/pull through or felt pellets ever will.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    What you need is a 'SNOCKOMATIC' I'm sure if you ask nicely enough Pete will send you one.

Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    What you need is a 'SNOCKOMATIC' I'm sure if you ask nicely enough Pete will send you one.

Would that be the SNOKOMATIC as advertised on telly by BONKO who make so many useful gadgets?
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50