Thread: John Bowkett Blueprinted BSA Super Ten MKII has arrived!!! (pics)

John Bowkett Blueprinted BSA Super Ten MKII has arrived!!! (pics)

Santa Clause was a little late but my Christmas present arrived in tact and beautiful as can be...the wait was agonizing as John Bowkett shipped the gun via Parcel Force Worldwide on 12/5, it arrived in the U.S. 12/6 then finally arrived in San Francisco on 12/21, 12/23 it was tracked as being with the delivery agent(USPS)and there was no tracking info available from USPS as I would have gladly driven to San Francisco to pick this gun up!!! I got out of the shower and found a long cardboard box sitting at the front door..."GREAT Things Come To Those Who Wait..."

As many of you guys know, El Caro, Russ Best, and others got me interested in BSA Air Rifles, hence I bought a Hornet Multishot(.22) from Airguns of Arizona in Spring and was amazed and thrilled with the overall quality and accuracy of the gun. My first gun had a finish issues with the blueing and pellets clipping the moderator but Airguns of Arizona quickly remedied that situation by sending me a new Hornet that functions beautifully. Kudos to AOA for their "Post Sale Customer Service" and standing behind their product...the Hornet led to a successful first turkey hunt with Mountain Lyon...

http://www.adventuresinairguns.com/turkey.html

Life has brought about some challenges that require me to stay closer to home to tend to my aging parents, as such I don't get the opportunity to head up to Mountain Lyon's to shoot with him, BeammeupScotty, LeadSlug and Dono(Scot's son)...

So I've been searching for an accurate rifle for plinking at home, 30 yards max range, to have fun year round when given the opportunity to shoot and after reading and asking tons of questions, I decided the BSA Super Ten(.22) regulated at 12FPE would be perfect as it produces over 200 consistent shots on one fill of a 200cc bottle...

I was given the opportunity to purchase a BSA Super Ten MKII(.22) that was blueprinted and tuned by the BSA Airgun Master himself, John Bowkett, and he understood my needs and set this gun up for me. Aside from his skilled hands tuning the gun, he fitted a custom built FAC Moderator(non removable) that is a few inches longer than the SAS Moderator that is on my Hornet...The gun is quiet as an Angel's Fart!!!

In addition, he gave me a prototype, one of a kind preproduction Magazine that is so smooth at rotating/indexing, you'd think it was a Rolex in motion...in addition he placed the Mark 2 action in a MKIII stock which is very comfortable and pleasing to the eye...

I mounted a Bushnell Elite 4200 6 - 24 x 40AO Mildot on BSA Rings and look forward to dry weather so I can sight in. Northern California is a bit wet right now but should clear up in a day or so ...

Many thanks to John Bowkett, El Caro, Russ Best, AOA, and everyone else that has enlightened me with the BSA...

Regards,

Tony

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...4/BSAS10RS.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35.../BSAS10RSS.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35.../BSAS10MOD.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...4/BSAS10LS.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35.../BSAS10LSS.jpg

Beautiful looking rifle you have there, Tony. Enjoy.

Have a happy new year when it comes

Paul.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    [QUOTE=Trojan1994In addition, he gave me a prototype, one of a kind preproduction Magazine that is so smooth at rotating/indexing, you'd think it was a Rolex in motion...in addition he placed the Mark 2 action in a MKIII stock which is very comfortable and pleasing to the eye...

IRegards,

Tony

Tell us more about the mag, is it going to replace the old S10 etc mags?

And the 'hood kids didn't leg it with your parcel

All good things etc Pleased for you.
    You'll enjoy the S10, that's for sure. Post a magazine picture when you've a minute away from the new toy
    Rgds
    Colm

I don't have that info, John Bowkett

[QUOTE=Hsing-ee][QUOTE=Trojan1994In addition, he gave me a prototype, one of a kind preproduction Magazine that is so smooth at rotating/indexing, you'd think it was a Rolex in motion...in addition he placed the Mark 2 action in a MKIII stock which is very comfortable and pleasing to the eye...

IRegards,

Tony

Tell us more about the mag, is it going to replace the old S10 etc mags?[/QUOTE]

Left Voicemail for me with that bit of information regarding the magazine...it is quite possible that it may be the prototype for the new magazine which works in both Hornet Multishot and Super 10's...

My understanding, through a purchase and subsequent frustration, is that the S10 magazines were not compatible with Hornets as the indexing levers differed ever so slightly...I had purchased several magazines for my hornet that a dealer thought were Hornet magazines, unfortunately they S10's and would not index...bum deal cuz I bought them really cheap and had to return them...10 months later, I am now an S10 owner!!!

Regards,

Tony

The magazine looks the same as my Hornet's...

Quote Originally Posted by roughshooter
    And the 'hood kids didn't leg it with your parcel

All good things etc Pleased for you.
    You'll enjoy the S10, that's for sure. Post a magazine picture when you've a minute away from the new toy
    Rgds
    Colm
    Nothing unique from the outside...

Regards,

Tony

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk but originally a Brummie
    Looks like a fab piece of kit Tony, enjoy!

Always nice to hear good-luck stories rather than the opposite, especially this time of year. Ho Ho Ho.

Cheers and happy new year,

AndrewB

Thanks Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewB
    Looks like a fab piece of kit Tony, enjoy!

Always nice to hear good-luck stories rather than the opposite, especially this time of year. Ho Ho Ho.

Cheers and happy new year,

AndrewB
    It's definitely "Tip Top" in my opinion, all air rifles should be as beautiful and function as this S10, especially when it comes to trigger performance...really looking forward to dry weather to verify that its accuracy equals all else...

Regards,

Tony