Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daystate MK3 RT FAC Question ?

Daystate MK3 RT FAC Question ?

I have bought Martin's MK3 RT in FAC form it is in truly superb condition thanks Martin and good to have met you.
    Well Daystate say they are up to 25 ftpds, when they say up to are they ordered to produce whatever you want up to this figure ? I have had a play with it today and get about 20 ftpds using 14.3g accupels (all I have till next week) I have just visited the Daystate website and dialled in my gun MK30505
    it was built in Nov 2003 was chronoed by them at 570 ftps using Bisley magnums and a fill pressure of 232 bar which to my reckoning was under 16 ftpds when made, which makes me think they are built to the customers requirements.
    I have put the gun to its default setting so it is as set when made.
    Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated. David

Hi Dave
    If your getting 20ftlb out of it, I would put a fiver on it that with 16gn AA field or Daystates you will get 23ftlb as they are very efficient through the barrel.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Thanks Neil, I'll get some next week and give them a try, lovely gun though and a credit to Martin {tafty) it's like new and what a stock !!!!! David

That's my old rifle! I really loved it and I'm still not quite sure why I got rid of it! Daystate FTs were the best pellet that I tried. 22.5 fpe and literally one hole.

Lionel

GTO NEMESIS Guest
    Hi Stereotype,
    I bought a Daystate Mk3 RT yesterday and I have just checked out my serial number and got the following:

Description MK3 RT STD
    Fill_Pressure 232 BAR
    Chrono 570
    Calibre 0.177
    Pellet DAYSTATE

Does this mean that my rifle is more than 12 lbs/ft?
    I am new to the scene and still trying to understand what all the technical stuff is all about...

Thanks
    Mark

GTO, I'd check that chrono figure if I was you. That works out to about 6Ftlbs!!! 770 would be more appropriate.

You calculate the ME by squaring the veolcity (in feet per second) multiplying that by the weight of the pellet in grains and then dividing the answer by 450240.

(570x570x8.44)/450240 = 6.09

GTO NEMESIS Guest
    Hi Pod,
    How would I check the chrono number?

To get the number I went to:
    http://www.daystate.co.uk/cgi-bin/dbspace.cgi
    My serial is MK3028

If it is down what do I need to do, return it to the shop?
    It seems pretty accurate to me, I can hit a golf ball at 30 yds but to be honest I wouldn't know what is right or wrong as I have less than 24 hrs gun experience so far

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    Mark

Sorry I meant just double check on the Daystate database .

If it really was 6 ftlbs the best way is to zero at 20 yards and fire at something about 40 yards away - if its doing near 12ftlbs you should impact about 0.75" low. If its doing 6ftlbs it'll be more like 3" low!

Good luck!

Mark, it seems very strange to me that both your RT and mine chronoed at 570 fps according to the database (mine being .22 FAC and yours .177) also Daystate are using a fill pressure of 232 bar but the instruction manual says the maximum fill pressure for the RT should be 220 bar.

GTO NEMESIS Guest
    Yes,
    I would agree something is a bit off here, I'm no expert but a .22 and .177 should have different chrono's?

How do I test my gun?

Mark

GTO, a chrono is used to measure the velocity of the pellet. Because .22 and .177 are still subject to the same legal power limit, and the weight of the pellet is a key part of the calculation, and .22 pellets are heavier than .177 it follows that .22 pellets have to be launched at a lower velocity than .177. Hence .177 have a flatter trajectory.

Take the rifle to any decent gun shop and they'll chrono it for for a couiple of quid, or if you're lucky some board member local to you may offer to do it for nowt. Iver is a tad to far for me though (and the car is crocked)

Got it all sorted now thanks to Lionel who told me to check that the power hadn't been turned down, well it had. I bought some Daystate 5.52, .22 pellets today and assuming they weigh 15.8 grains (is this correct?) it is producing 22 ftpds. I phoned Daystate to confirm the fill pressure which in the book states fill it to what is marked on the gun ie on mine 220 bar and was told it should be filled to 232 bar as its an RT ?
    I must say that Martin (tafty) is an absolute gentleman to deal with when he read about the low power of this gun he emailed me and offered to refund my money or help towards the cost of sending it back to Daystate for adjustment,thanks Martin.
    If someone would give the weight of Daystate FT .22 pellets I would be grateful. David

15.9 grain mate
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

GTO NEMESIS Guest
    Hi airgunner,
    I have been looking through your web pics of the Mk3 RT and notice that there are types.

Mine seems to be the one you refer to as B. (as mine has the lock in the same place, IE near the trigger)
    Is this the older or newer model?

Also the manual says to fill mine to 232 but the barrel says 207 BAR and the shop phoned me today to say I should only fill to this pressure, does this sound right?
    Will the power of my gun be lower?

I have ordered a Chrono today to test my gun.

Thanks
    Mark

PS: anyone else who knows this info feel free to chirp up!

I have one of the earliest FAC Mk3 RTs and despite saying SWP 207bar, I fill it to significantly more than that and i get more shots. I find that filling up towards 240 will give a good 75 shots at 787fps with AA Field 5.51s. This has been checked with Daystate and it's no prob. Later guns have higher SWP markings.

Great first gun, BTW - blimey!
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com