Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the best Weihrauch Springer?

Lash13 Guest

Whats the best Weihrauch Springer?

I was just looking at the Uttings site, in the Spring Gun section.
    It struck me that Weihrauch had a number of different guns for similar prices. I personally liked the look of the HW98 with the adjustable stock, although it seems that not many shooters use this model. Not knowing much about spring guns though I couldn't tell which was supposed to be their flagship Spring Air Rifle.

Wondered if anyone knew which is the best one. I'm not thinking of buying one I was just curious

Cheers Lee

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I would say the 97k was the flagship model but then again the 98 could be the breakbarrel flagship, it all depends what model is the best for you and what your using it for, also factors like weight and length come into it but personaly I would say the 97 is proberbly the best all rounder as it seems to be the only one with a silencer fitted and is fixed barrel.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

'Whats the best Weihrauch springer?'

Who knows. We all have personal likes and dislikes. What one shooter raves about another dislikes. Generally I think you will find that MOST people agree that whichever HW you choose (with the exception of the gas ram '90) they shoot better when they have been breathed upon by a good airgun tuner.
    My personal favourite - the HW35 or is it the '77 or it might be the '95 Most Weihrauchs are good and its all down to personal preferences and 'horses for courses'.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 04-01-2006 at 10:08 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

If I was to buy any, I would go for the HW80K. Built like a tank, simple to maintain and will last a lifetime of shooting. Spares easy to obtain and can be easily FAC'd if required. I used to own an early model. Wish I still had it.
    Just my own opinion you understand.
    John
    Rule are for the guidance of wise men and the unswerving obedience of fools!

I would say the HW97k IMHO.
    hoplophobe

Lash13 Guest
    Hmm...Seems amazing to me that a Break barrel gun can be at all accurate, considering how you cock it. And yet the HW80 with its adjustable stock, looks like a target rifle.

Supposing I wanted a Springer for Target shooting..HFT for example, would the HW80 be the best choice?

Lee

I have the 97k and the 90k.When hunting the 90k is the best although both are very accurate.You're spolt for choice wth HW'S.
    The 99s and 95 98 are not quite as heavily made at the rear of the action as they are not screw in types.
    Graham
    Designer of BASC Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lash13
    Hmm...Seems amazing to me that a Break barrel gun can be at all accurate, considering how you cock it. And yet the HW80 with its adjustable stock, looks like a target rifle.

Lee
    I think you mean the HW98 with the adjustable stock.

How about the HW55 break barrel where you 'cam' the barrel into the action? Give Weihrauch their due, they have a model for everbody!
    HW25 - HW100 with a few pistols thrown in.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

RATS TAIL Guest

HW's

I went from BSA to Webley then i bought a new 95, then a s/h 80 then a s/h 77. I liked them all. Plinking & vermin use but went the PCP route after a while selling the lot to fund my new expensive toy.
    Still got the PCP but recently bought a HW80 so take that as a vote from me. It's a one gun for all uses.
    Has any one got a cheap battered one for spares ?

IMO the Hw77 beats them all
    Don't try to run ... You'll only die tired !

Been thinking of getting an underlever before mail-order gets stopped.... the choice seems to be between the CFX Royal or CF30 from Gamo, or the lighter models in the HW range (don't want one that weighs 8lbs or more, however good it is). So in what way are the lighter of the HW underlevers superior to those from Gamo?

malcytull Guest
    I had a .22 HW77 in the 80's & that was the best springer I had until I bought my first TX200.

Ideot Savant Guest
    I hope the best hw is the .177 hw77 standard, I'm just about to buy one!
    The blueings gone but the plan is a tune, stock refinish and reblue , but not in
    that order.
    I had a 77k when I was a kid, at the time it was to heavy for me but I should be fine now.

The best Weihrauch springer is..

My HW97K with the blue laminated stock with Macarri bits on the inside!
    Daystate GP
    Air Arms TX200MKIII in .177
    Air Arms S510 in .177

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by malcytull
    I had a .22 HW77 in the 80's & that was the best springer I had until I bought my first TX200.
    Hi mate, same thing here. Currently I own an Hw77 (.22) which I found deadly accurate. In a week's time, I will have the Tx200HC (.177). Is your's the HC or the MK III ?

Cheers
    Last edited by maltese_falcon; 04-01-2006 at 05:29 PM.
    Don't try to run ... You'll only die tired !