Thread: FAC rapid mkII - 0.22 or 0.25?

andy cook Guest

FAC rapid mkII - 0.22 or 0.25?

Thinking of converting my 12 lb/ft 0.177 rapid mkII
    to a FAC 0.22 or 0.25 for bunny bashing.
    I want to take longer range shots, but cannot use rimfire on one shoot, and very restricted ares of use on my other shoot.

what are the pros/cons of 0.22 versus 0.25 in FAC

I see that 0.25 pellets cost twice as much and very limited selection

is the hitting power of 0.25 over 0.22 worth it?
    or would 0.22 be ideal?

sorry to say it but do a search . loads of posts on this topic over that last few weeks.
    If it's got tits or wheels it’s going to be expensive.....

Arrow

You have answered your own question! .25 ammunition is expensive, not as easy to obtain and very barrel sensitive.. .22 is very versatile and, apart from ratting or squirrelling. there is nothing that a .25 can do that a .22 cannot. For ratting and squirrelling with a .22, you can always use harder hitting short range pellets such as Bisley Pest Control when the need arises.
    .22 every time for me.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

andy cook Guest
    tried a search but search function doesnt like 0.25 or 0.22 in parameters!

Until they do a decent and easy to obtain pellet forget .25, or find one that you can try, if it is accurate and they do exist then make sure you buy a lifetimes supply of that ammo its accurate with

Or just stick with .22, use Dae Sungs if you want heavy

Baz

Why not .20

Just for the sake of argument, why not a .20 ?

The attached is possibly the best I can personally do as far as hitting paper, but I am pretty sure the caliber and this rifle can keep on doing it with little effort. The .20, I think does a bit better than the .22 and .25 in hitting the target (from my experience)

As far as power, on about 27 Ft / lbs (your FAC), @ 50 meters, it goes through 1/2 inch plywood with no effort with CPH.

So, making it humane for bunnies will be no problem. And remember, it is not the size of the pellet, it is where you put it.

Sorry for adding an additional variable to the thought process.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...3935&members=1

Good luck and happy new year to all.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    There is a good pellet in .25 and thats the Diablo Barracuda
    which is exactly the same as Bis Mags in .22,they dont cost twice as much either,Bis Mags£3.50 for 200, Barra .25 £3.90 for 200 and are just as accurate as the other.
    FAC boys use the Bis Mags with great results as do also the .25's,a very well made pellet and made by the same people HN.In my rapid FAC .22 only BiS Mags 21.4gr (30ftlb and over) and in my carrer .25 31gr the same pellet but bigger and can handle very high power's well,these pellets are good for .25 pcp's, if your using a springer .25 then HN Trophys 20gr is a nice pellet and their
    £3.50 for 200.Happy Shooting.
    ps.Both are from uttings and Barracudas.25 from Pellpex and both can do what the other can,the only diffrence is the loud whack you hear from the .25 and instant kill as it delivers a nasty shockwave to the prey.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 05-01-2006 at 12:55 AM.