Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best courier to Holland ?

Mike H Guest

Best courier to Holland ?

Hi all,
    who's the best for sending an air rifle ? I'm told Parcel Force make things awkward ...
    Mike.

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    I would use either Parcelforce or DHL, i have had accounts with both over the years and they both are not that bad. The tracking on both is now very very good. If all else fails, UPS...but not unless you have to.

laity

Quote Originally Posted by laity
    I would use either Parcelforce or DHL, i have had accounts with both over the years and they both are not that bad. The tracking on both is now very very good. If all else fails, UPS...but not unless you have to.

laity
    Actually, both DHL and Parcelforce (officially) refuse to accept air rifles/pistols to ship abroad (well, Holland anyway), even if you have an account, ask them, and you will get this confirmed.
    Nevertheless, if not explicitly stated on the package, or, if stated, an ignorant or irrespective employee, may accept and process the package.

I know of quite some rifles that made it to Holland, despite the "impossibility" to send them...

BAR also uses Parcel Force, and manages to send air rifles abroad on what must be almost daily basis. No idea how they do it.

I guess other couriers like UPS or Fedex don't treat this any different.

Erwin.

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    I think i might have come across wrong, i ment i send lots and lots of cartons and box's out with DHL and before them PF, UPS never worried about what i sent ..sadly because most of the time it turned up very late ..if at all. I have never sent out anything like an rifle BUT if you box most things up and just send it you more than not do never have a problem.

Windrush you are spot on about not being able to send these ..however if you just send them...well what's the harm??

Laity

Quote Originally Posted by Windrush
    Parcelforce (officially) refuse to accept air rifles/pistols to ship abroad (well, Holland anyway)
    !
    I've used them several times with no problems, and that's even declaring the contents on the export declaration...
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

g.l.w is offline The north west's very own Hilda Ogden.

B****x

Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    !
    I've used them several times with no problems, and that's even declaring the contents on the export declaration...
    Now come on Dave," SAY WHAT YOU MEAN"

Geoff, always do mate, fact.
    Rgds,
    Dave.

I recently sent two Air Rifles to Norway using Parcel Force International with enhanced compensation, both with the exact contents written on the Customs document, and both arrived safely within ten days.
    If the Dutch are prepared to accept, Parcel Force will send.

Mike H Guest
    Thanks all. Will try PF then. What description of contents do I use ?
    Mike.

'DTI Approved sub 12ftlb UK legal air rifle', Mike.
    Rgds,
    Dave.

Mike H Guest
    Cheers Dave
    Mike.

I printed "Vintage Air Rifle" on both Customs forms and didn't encounter any problems, but Davestate's description would provide more factual information if some little 'jobsworth' wanted to press the matter.

!
    By all means, don't spare me...

Yes, I received several air rifles myself coming from the UK with PF,on one of them it even said "TAKE CARE, AIR RIFLE!"

Nevertheless, it is as I said! I didn't say you could not get guns across, just said it is actually prohibited by their own rules.

Don't believe me, but, as I suggested, call them yourself, ask them and trust your own ears! That's how I learned (no less stubborn as yourself I guess )

Erwin.

Sorry for the rash reply, t'was the Strongbow talking.

Anyways... did ring & speak to them before sending my first rifle, was told no by the monkey who answered, so I asked to speak to a supervisor who can read their own rules and regs and the outcome was it was ok to send through them.
    Rgds,
    Dave.

Sorry for the rash reply, t'was the Strongbow talking.

Anyways... did ring & speak to them before sending my first rifle, was told no by the monkey who answered, so I asked to speak to a supervisor who can read their own rules and regs and the outcome was it was ok to send through them.
    Dave, I just took a look at their site, the prohibitions section http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw...diaId=19300178, and that sure looks different to what I read a good half year ago.
    From what it says now, i indeed don't see that sub FAC air rifles could pose a problem. Even FAC schould be possible, but under conditions.
    Nice to know, just a shame that "their monkees" don't know!!
    I missed out on some deals on this very BBS because sellers got told they could not send air rifles, not even sub 12 fpe, to Holland, and did not want to take the risk of trying it anyway.

Erwin