Thread: BSF Angel

Strange1 Guest

BSF Angel

Hi all

I was just after any info on an old air rifle ive been using.

Its a BSF, and the only other markings on it is "Angel" and "1132a" on the barrel. There also seems to be a small prancing horse and a shield with 56 inside it stamped into the metal aswell.

It seems to be pretty good, its a .22 and seems to hurl the pellets alot faster than other .22s ive used.

Any info would be great guys

Thanks

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Strange1
    Hi all

Its a BSF, and the only other markings on it is "Angel" and "1132a" on the barrel. There also seems to be a small prancing horse and a shield with 56 inside it stamped into the metal aswell.

It seems to be pretty good, its a .22 and seems to hurl the pellets alot faster than other .22s ive used.

Any info would be great guys

Thanks

Adam
    **** me! It's a Ferrari!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange1
    Hi all

Adam
    I collect BSF (see 'My Gun Collection') and I suspect the 1132A if its under the barrel breech block is the serial number. I have not heard of a BSF Angel before - then again I had never heard of a BSF 65 until I bought one.

Do you ajust the trigger through the gaurd or through the rear of the action?

A picture or dimensions would be appreciated.

I also agree - for their size the little BSF can well push out the power and its not unknown for the small model 55 to do well over the leagl limit.

BSF model 65

Welcome aboard STRANGE1 and a 'location' would be appreciated. Bit of a 'strange one' to start with. Mmmmmm????????
    Its not the 1st of April yet is it?

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 09-01-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Strange1 Guest
    Thanks for the replies

The overall length of the gun is 4ft.

I'll grab some pics when I get home from work this arvo. Im in Australia aswell so I dont know if different models were released here or just "rebadged"

Also it is underlever not a break barrel. The lever is almost the length of the barrel aswell. Looking at your pics it looks like the 54's, but thats from memory

If its an undelever - and a BSF its one of the models of '54

Im sure BSFNUT will confirm this.

ATB
    Ian

Strange1 Guest
    Heres 2 pics..

Please ignore the Ghetto installed scope, its not my gun and I didnt do it, but it works great lol

Pic1

Pic 2

Definitely a BSF 54 M model I believe, Im sure I will be corrected if Im wrong. The 'ANGEL' stamping looks D.I.Y. but Im not familiar with the other markings. Maybe importers stampings. The 1132A is the rifles serial number as I originally suspected.

HTH
    Ian

Strange1 Guest
    Thanks very much for your help

The guy who owned it was into guns in a big way with over 140, maybe the markings had to go with clubs or somethgin aswell *shrugs*

Strange1 Guest
    Would anyone have any information on the BSF 54M.

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Strange1]Would anyone have any information on the BSF 54M.

[QUOTE]

John Walters writes about the BSF54:

'This is a well made traditional underlever rifle design, much admired in some quarters but mechanically similar to the S60 and S70. Its unusual features include the articulated underlever system and optional front sights. Most guns however have open tangent-leaf back sight which cannot be adjusted laterally. Weight 8.05 lbs. Leather washer. Safety none.'

I prefer Dennis Hillers description, quote:

'What an air rifle! As soon as you pick one up you know that this is different'.

The 'M' variant onl varies due to the stock shape.

My personal desciption (for what its worth) of the BSF54 - Agricultural, nose heavy novelty.

HTH
    Ian