Thread: Pro Sport v HW 97k or AA springer v weihrauch springer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    matt.b24 Guest
    Good answer Thx for your response very thorough and probably has summed up all of my questions in one go.....on paper i like both ....i suppose in real terms its good to have an alternative to a weihrauch when it comes to a springer.....my brother had to choose between an AA 410k and a HW100...pcp's i know...but very close ...he went for the 410 in the end...on weight and balence...

Well, I cán be a little objective as I DON'T own any of them, just Webley's!
    This is my opinion:
    The HW97: cheaper, bút springtwangy
    The AA: better out of the box, no spring twang whatsoever, but more expensive
    And both are heavy, frontheavy and have very boring beech stocks..
    ATB,
    yana

chris ballard Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger
    Well, I cán be a little objective as I DON'T own any of them, just Webley's!
    This is my opinion:
    The HW97: cheaper, bút springtwangy
    The AA: better out of the box, no spring twang whatsoever, but more expensive
    And both are heavy, frontheavy and have very boring beech stocks..
    The AA is available in Walnut...mine is, and its a cracker

HW and AA springers.

Out of the box, the TX200mk3 is ace, balances oh so well.
    HW's out of the box, too mechanical and noisy for me, get it venomed and its a different matter....
    I think THE MOST IMPORTANT thing about a springer though, is how comfortable you are with it. Hold, or should that read, as little hold as you can get away with, is critical. This means that in all shooting positions you should be comfortable and be able to have a solid platform, so the stock shape is important. Both my venom stocked 77k and std beech mk3 balance fantastically, the best balance of any rifles i've had, and as such, I can get the best out of them with easy. I shoot better with heavy rifles, so the tx gets used more, but the 77k is just so nice, i wouldnt want to scratch it.

So, try all the rifles, don't take other peoples word for which is best for them, find out the best for you... if that happens to be a HW, get it venomed. Nuff said

The ProSports in a walnut stock can look very nice,
    Clicky Me

I recently faced the same dilema. My three options were the Webley Longbow, HW 97k or the Tx200.
    I picked the Tx200HC in the end. I read how the AA was better straight out of the box etc but, the fact that the HW and the Tx are so similar means that my ultimate decision was based on AA being British! That may seem a short sighted and outdated reason to pick a product, but I am a patriotic sort of chap and I am also very happy with my choice.