Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossman Accupell versus Crossman Premier

Crossman Accupell versus Crossman Premier

Does anybody know if these pellets are actually the same?

In .177 they both weigh 7.9g, look identical and (with my limited experience of each) seem to shoot the same.

I am trying to find the best pellet for my AA S410 and certainly these two are in the running. Just wanted to know if there is actually any difference.

thanks.

Avoid them, they are c**p Air Arms guns work best with Air Arms pellets
    This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.. Logun Axsor Carbine .177 Weaver V24 6-24x42

Do you think so? I normally use AA Field 4.52 but from the (admitedly limited) tests I have done on these two Crossman variants I would say they are marginally better. But remember every gun is different.

I heard (heresay) that Accupels are the pellets which fail the QC testing from batches of Prems.

I thought prems would be a good pellet....until I had untold problems trying to chase my groups all over the target card, only to find the problem was misformed noses.

I picked out almost 200 bad ones from a box of 650.
    Yeah, real good performance..

I have since settled on AA field.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Arrow

I hate to post this because the price of Premiers is outrageous. However it must be said that they are very good pellets indeed and I rarely find a deformed one. My experience is with .20 calibre and they really are the best in every .20 rifle I have tried them in. That being said I use H & N FTT's in non FAC .20 rifles and accept slightly larger groups. Through my .20 Eliminator, provided I am shooting well, they come into their own especially with a 'soft' bench rest. Those who have shot one will know that the Eliminator is a very unforgiving rifle and you have to be on top of your game to shoot one well. However the likes of Baz, Tony (at Theoben) and BuddyBoy show what can be achieved with one. The Baracudas are very good-and usefully cheaper- but the Premiers edge it for FAC.
    Even at legal limit, (Fenman and Rapid) on test I have found the Premiers to be the best pellets even though at 14.3 grains they are certainly no lightweight.
    I wish it was not so as I really RESENT the price!! If you do the sums the cost of a Crosman Premier round is just about half of a .22LR-which surely is crazy!!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Fair enough.

The other pellet that I have tried which 'appears' to be good are Bisley Magnums.

My reservation with these is that they are heavy and, therefore, will probably have a relatively loopy trajectory. On the other hand, I suppose they will be less suceptable to cross winds.

Does anybody have any thoughts on these (or the two Crossman variants).

thanks.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPatch
    Fair enough.

The other pellet that I have tried which 'appears' to be good are Bisley Magnums.

My reservation with these is that they are heavy and, therefore, will probably have a relatively loopy trajectory. On the other hand, I suppose they will be less suceptable to cross winds.

Does anybody have any thoughts on these (or the two Crossman variants).

thanks.
    In .177 legal limit, BisMags are too heavy for most uses. The Air Arms/JSB/Daystates weigh 8.4 grain and seem to suit most rifles. If you need extra 'punch' -say for ratting-try the Bisley Pest Control.

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Prems have an excellent pedigree - they were one of the pellets of choice for FT use for a long time especially No. 2 die. Now it is No. 7 being floated.

Good to watch as they have a flat back end and reflect light so you usually see them whilst in flight - good if you are off target.

They tend to be quite dirty and swarfy but they are a good pellet. However, like all rifles, some guns love them and others hate them.

They are very expensive and there are now pellets that are better IMHO such as the JSB Exact.

But they aint bottom of the pile and all the pellets I have bought have had very little damage either caused by production or transportation.

I dont buy them coz they is toooooo hexpensive........

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye Tom
    Avoid them, they are c**p Air Arms guns work best with Air Arms pellets
    I take it this assumption is based on your own experience. I have an S310 that groups better with accupells than any other pellet - which was found by trying several brands beforehand. All barrels are different and therefore like different pellets.

Its a case of try them and see if they are both grouping the same then go for the cheaper accupels. Unfortunately 2 of my rifles only give good groups using Premiers accupels are like a 12bore at 40yds and the JSBs are nearly 1" groups at the same distances. premier die #7s give 1/2" at 50yds.

Would rather the rapid would use JSBs but it seems to be very pellet fussy.
    infensus procul vox locus procul nefas vicis
    I aimed at the right place at the wrong time.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    I take it this assumption is based on your own experience. I have an S310 that groups better with accupells than any other pellet - which was found by trying several brands beforehand. All barrels are different and therefore like different pellets.
    Was this because the 310 was produced before AA sold pellets??

swedey21 is offline Who you callin a vegetable ?
    Burford,with lovely cotswold stone and stuff..
    Quote Originally Posted by snock
    I heard (heresay) that Accupels are the pellets which fail the QC testing from batches of Prems.

What he said..
    i ask simmons about this and they confirmed it..
    my rapid cant tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPatch
    Does anybody know if these pellets are actually the same?
    The two pellets do look the same. However, the materials that they're made from differs slightly. Accupells have a lower antimony content than Prems. This is what makes Prems perform so well at higher velocities - they are slightly harder and therefore display less of a tendency to deform when smacked with a ferocious blast of air such as that associated with FAC guns.

They are an excellent pellet, and one that's well worth a try. Especially if, as mentioned previously, you're using a high powered Theoben.

HTH,

Jonathan.

Thanks for all your input on this.

In conclussion it would seem there may be a genuine (if slight) difference between Crossman Accupell and Crossman Premier but this difference may or may not be apparent depending on your gun. The answer, for me is to test both over a longer range, say 50 yards

I also intend to try JSB exact and all the Daystate variants and I will post my conclussions when I reach them.

thanks again.

BIG MAFOOTA Guest
    I read somewhere that the'dirt' on prems and acupells was a light dry lube, don't know how true that is. Either way my rapid likes em both in .20.