Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossman Accupell versus Crossman Premier

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands
    The only "competition" I would say between the two crossman pellet brands is which tin would hit the bin quickest when thrown from a distance but knowing how cr@p they are they would proberbly miss that as well.

Pete
    Funnily enough some people say that the only good thing about Crosman pellets is the tin which with its screw cap is really useful!! Unfortunately the .20 Premiers come in useless cardboard boxes which for the most expensive pellets on the market (??) is taking the hit and miss.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Funnily enough some people say that the only good thing about Crosman pellets is the tin which with its screw cap is really useful!! Unfortunately the .20 Premiers come in useless cardboard boxes which for the most expensive pellets on the market (??) is taking the hit and miss.

Absolutely correct nick,when I finished with them I kept that round foam you get with AA's and stuck it inside the tin and also bottom of the lid,take a money bag (the one's you get from the bank to put coins in)put the amount of pellets you'll need then put them inside the tin,protects your pellets makes no noise and tin wont come undone like the other tins (bis,AA),thats the only thing I found that crossman did right,their pellets are not that good I found and as for their wll-overpriced prems......wont say what they can do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes
    There's an echo in here Jim.

Chris
    better than a virus I suppose Chris.

jim
    ex blue job

Each to his own eh, because John Whiscombe takes JSB Exacts, lubricates them and then puts them in Crosman Premier boxes

Lionel

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by lionel
    Each to his own eh, because John Whiscombe takes JSB Exacts, lubricates them and then puts them in Crosman Premier boxes

Lionel
    Thats probably because he has a whole load of them from the days when he was a top FT shot!!
    By the way Lionel what is the weight of Bob's heavy .177 pellets that you use in your Rapid?

ianps Guest
    I carried out exhaustive tests last year with my AA400 classic in prder to determine which pellets performed best. The results were posted on another forum.
    The outcome was accupels by far. Air arms were dissapointingly poor (5.41) in as much as grouping and the amount of deformed pellets per tin. Bis mags were very good but the trajectory was somewhat pronounced.
    I now use nothing but accupels as the consistency of grouping is faultless being single hole accurate to 50yds (rested of course) dont understand this "accupels are dirty" or "accupels are deformed" statements, I have very little if any deformed pellets per tin and they seem clean enough to me.
    Regards - Ian

Did you also try Crossman Premiers? And if so were they much the same as accupells?

Where did you post your results if you don't mind me asking.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boltaction
    Thanks for this. It would seem from the sections that Daystate and JSB Exacts are the same whilst AA are slightly different.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ianps
    I carried out exhaustive tests last year with my AA400 classic in prder to determine which pellets performed best. The results were posted on another forum.
    The outcome was accupels by far. Air arms were dissapointingly poor (5.41) in as much as grouping and the amount of deformed pellets per tin. Bis mags were very good but the trajectory was somewhat pronounced.
    I now use nothing but accupels as the consistency of grouping is faultless being single hole accurate to 50yds (rested of course) dont understand this "accupels are dirty" or "accupels are deformed" statements, I have very little if any deformed pellets per tin and they seem clean enough to me.
    Regards - Ian
    Thanks for your post.
    However good they are-and I agree with you that they are good in many rifles-I am surprised that you can call them 'clean' as they have graphite lube on them-at least mine did!
    I am also puzzled by your reference to 5.41-what did you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by snock
    I heard (heresay) that Accupels are the pellets which fail the QC testing from batches of Prems.

I thought prems would be a good pellet....until I had untold problems trying to chase my groups all over the target card, only to find the problem was misformed noses.

I picked out almost 200 bad ones from a box of 650.
    Yeah, real good performance..

I have since settled on AA field.

I was told by a premier user that they are out of the same dies but accupell lead is softer than premier.

I'll stick with aa feld but the last tin was terrible but the way I shoot you wouldn't notice

ianps Guest
    Rapidnick
    Sorry typing error I meant air arms 4.51 I wanted to try 4.52s also but at the time could not get any.

Mightypatch
    No I did not try premiers I tryed to keep to a similar cost for comparison.

The way I understand it regarding acc/premiers is that premiers are tins or batches of pellets from the same die therefore there uniformity is virtually guaranteed. Accupels are tins or batches from various dies and may therefore have some slight weight/size differences. Bit like single cask malt v blended I spose.

Inccidentally if it were not for the accute trajectory bis mags would have won hands down.
    Ian
    Last edited by ianps; 27-01-2006 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snock
    I heard (heresay) that Accupels are the pellets which fail the QC testing from batches of Prems.

I thought prems would be a good pellet....until I had untold problems trying to chase my groups all over the target card, only to find the problem was misformed noses.

I picked out almost 200 bad ones from a box of 650.
    Yeah, real good performance..

I have since settled on AA field.
    Funny you should mention that but looking at my sample of Crossman Premier most of them seem to have scarred (if thats the right word) heads. Whereas all my sample of Accupells are fine.

Yet the Premiers are supposed to be the superior product?!?

nowt so strange as pellets!

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    That was my understanding too mate as mentioned previously. The importers, however, seem to be contradicting this theory.

Jonathan.
    Indeed but it is the manufacturer wot will give you accurate info....things get lost or twisted the further you go down the supply chain when it comes to accurate info.

hadaka-jimi Guest
    That may be so but the cardboard box doesnt cause the damage the tins do whilst in transit.
    I get reg supplies of JSB and I have to say it is very rare i find a damaged JSB.
    Air arms (which were a fav of a rifle I sold) were very good, then all of a sudden they were being sent via a base ball bat and a 10lb lump hammer !!!
    Never had too many dodgy prems either.

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ianps
    Regards - Ian
    Very true but each rifle is different so what is hot in your rifle aint necessarily going to cooking on gas in another. People need to do what you have done and try different pellets. Trouble is - they don't ! They ask what pellets are good in an "..." ? and assume its going to be good in their rifle too DOH !