Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crossman Accupell versus Crossman Premier

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mfr marcus
    Nick have you tried BT's eliminater pellets in .20 my mate use's them in his fac rapid & there prety impressive & come in two wieghts ,mind you they are £18 for 600 maybe 650 delivered to your door ,not a pellet to plink with but a great hunting pellet .cheers marcus
    Yes Marcus but I found them great in 12 ft lb and hopeless in FAC. Grouped like a shotgun blast! So much so that I converted the rifle to .22!!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

ianps Guest

Very true

Quote Originally Posted by hadaka-jimi
    Very true but each rifle is different so what is hot in your rifle aint necessarily going to cooking on gas in another. People need to do what you have done and try different pellets. Trouble is - they don't ! They ask what pellets are good in an "..." ? and assume its going to be good in their rifle too DOH !
    Absolutely right my friend. Every rifle seems to like different and likes or dislikes different pellets. No shortcut here just lots of testing on at least a few different brands.
    Ian

Arrow

Having been given some, I have had an opportunity to try the Accupells in .20 through my Eliminator. They were fine. Grouped as well as my die 2 and die 7 Premiers (the best out of my rifle) and Baracudas.
    As far as I am aware-I really don't want to get into a debate on this but I have heard it from so many people who know .20 that I believe it-the only difference between the Premiers and the Accupells is the antimony content in the lead mix. Premiers have more antimony and that makes them harder. Also, Accupells come in a screw cap tin coated in graphite lube which makes them filthy whereas Premiers come in cardboard boxes.

swedey21 is offline Who you callin a vegetable ?
    Burford,with lovely cotswold stone and stuff..
    Glad you liked them nick,,
    like i said my rapid(FAC 27ftlb) couldnt tell the difference,between the two.
    ###nick i will mail you later####
    swede
    Last edited by swedey21; 03-02-2006 at 01:17 PM.

Dr Jon Guest
    [QUOTE=Liam]I was told by a premier user that they are out of the same dies but accupell lead is softer than premier.

They're both shoot OK out of my Rapid, but I was once told that accupells were made using the old worn out premier dies ??

But that may just be pub talk.

Dr Jon

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    I was once told that accupells were made using the old worn out premier dies ??

Dr Jon[/QUOTE]

And you'r a whack!!
    Not going to your surgery.

Arrow

[QUOTE=Dr Jon]
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    I was told by a premier user that they are out of the same dies but accupell lead is softer than premier.

They're both shoot OK out of my Rapid, but I was once told that accupells were made using the old worn out premier dies ??

Dr Jon
    Softer because less antimony! See my post above.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Nick your not still going on about these crossman prem's I'd better bring some tissue to wipe your tear's ,you've done alot of crying lately,play the euro lottery 2morrow ,£125,000,000.That will sort out the pellet issue for good.