Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Easter Bunny Bash 2006

Post Easter Bunny Bash 2006

Here we go again good people, the date for the 2006 Easter Bunny Bash is set for the 23rd April

As usual it will be at our Popham Woods venue with the main shoot a 40 shot hunter. We will also be running the popular pistol hunter and our Tactical Air Gun or TAG shoot. (See below)

Catering will be on site thanks to Kev and we'll have the usual run of trophies etc and raffle.

Prices for entries will be announced shortly but probably very similar to last year. See below.

We will have the golden bunny to test Mr Huckle and the usual testing hunter targets. Oh and we'll also be calling them "KILL ZONES" and not hit zones (refer to another thread)

So folks make a date in your diaries for one of, if not the biggest airgun event in the south this year.

Details

Hunter consisting of 40 shots to our usual/CSFTA rules.

Recoiless and recoiling classes to 5th plus Junior (15 & under) to 3rd.
    Plus ladies to 3rd place NOT wining a position in either main top 5 catagory.

Entry will be £6.00 with a reduced entry of £3.00 for juniors.

Golden "Easter" Bunny £1.00 entry.

TAG consisting of 20 shot course with prizes to 5th place any class.

Pistol Hunter. Consisting of 30 shot course. Recoiling class (open/iron sights). Open (Any pistol but excluding match type pistols with anatomical grips and match triggers, and or magnifying sights). Red Dots are OK on the open class.

All pistol shots to be taken at stretched arms length (target style) either one or two handed as designated on the lane. One handed means one handed with no support from the other hand.

These rules are designed to make the competition a level playing field and will be enforced in the spirit in which we hold event.

Final rules will be posted at the start of the competition

Booking in from 09.00 comps start at 10.00.

Any questions, just ask away

Hope to see you all there (well perhaps not everyone otherwise I won't get the chance to shoot!)

Bob

A POCKET GUIDE TO OUR TAG SHOOTS

We came up with the TAG or Tactical Air Gun format to give it the full name, a couple of years or so ago as a variation to the more usual HFT. It was designed to get nearer to a "true" hunting scene by giving you the opportunity to decide whether to take a shot or not.

Following normal hunter rules, TAG moves on to give a more challenging course. The targets are placed in the normal, not always easy to get to positions but the kill zone is painted the same colour as the plate, sometimes black, dark green or even cammo. Reducers can be used in moderation but generally fairly close up only.

The main difference is that you opt whether to take the shot or not, just like you would in the field.

If you take the shot and get a "kill" you are rewarded for your integrity and abilty with a 1. However if you miss and get a plate or complete miss you get a -2 on your card. You can however opt not to take the shot and enter a zero on your card.

Last time we ran one we had some very interesting scores from 27 ex 30 down to -57 I think

The skill is in being honest with yourself.
    Last edited by Prone Shooter; 18-04-2006 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Update of details
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Sniper296 Guest
    Might be worth the trip.
    I'll see what I am doing

Great stuff, see you there Bob..
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Cheers Harv. Looking forward to it too. Any thoughts on the FT or the TAG?

I've just had a look at your photo album m8 very nice and you know what? I think you've got one of our trophies in there as well!

Sniper 296, Come along and have a go, we get lots of bbs members there as well as "normal" people

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

St George's Day as well. Good day for a few Welsh dragons to be slain methinks.
    Tis every Englishman's duty to be there.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

baxterbasics Guest
    Hooray-top event organised by one of the nicest blokes in shooting

Bob-Lets have an FT event and Hft please-get loads of shooters trying both

Good day for a few Welsh dragons to be slain met
    You don't honestly think they'll come down for the thrashing do you KES?

What are you entering with Baxter? Springer?

Bob

BARPC

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter
    You don't honestly think they'll come down for the thrashing do you KES?

Bob
    Why not Bob?! Its the only chance any of em' ll' get to beat the English at any sport this Spring!
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

baxterbasics Guest
    80 shots with a springer-leave that to Buddyboy
    Any chance of 40 shots before lunch,a light refreshment and a nap,then the last 40???

Don't think Jon can cope with an 80 shotter just now, I don't expect he's getting a lot of sleep (I might be in with a chance then )

Don't forget though that the Bunny Bash is a 40 shot, the 80 is the Sizzler in Sept.

Bob
    Last edited by Prone Shooter; 09-02-2006 at 09:32 AM.

BARPC

Quote Originally Posted by baxterbasics
    Any chance of 40 shots before lunch,a light refreshment and a nap,then the last 40???
    To be honest, I found it not to bad with a springer, but it would be nice to get that break in the middle, so maybe start a little earlier this time, just to make sure we beat the light..

What do you think Bob?

Harv

edit, just seen above post, 40 shots!! of course I was talking about the summer sizzler
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Cheers Harv. Looking forward to it too. Any thoughts on the FT or the TAG?
    I've just had a look at your photo album m8 very nice and you know what? I think you've got one of our trophies in there as well!
    Bob
    Trophies, Thats true, I have made room for another one also..
    I'm interested in what the TAG is all about Bob.
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

I'm interested in what the TAG is all about Bob
    I knew I should have detailed it last night

We came up with the TAG or Tactical Air Gun format to give it the full name, a couple of years or so ago as a variation to the more usual HFT. It was designed to get nearer to a "true" hunting scene by giving you the opportunity to decide whether to take a shot or not.

Following normal hunter rules, TAG moves on to give a more challenging course. The targets are placed in the normal, not always easy to get to positions but the kill zone is painted the same colour as the plate, sometimes black, dark green or even cammo. Reducers can be used in moderation but generally fairly close up only.

The main difference is that you opt whether to take the shot or not, just like you would in the field.

If you take the shot and get a "kill" you are rewarded for your integrity and abilty with a 1. However if you miss and get a plate or complete miss you get a -2 on your card. You can however opt not to take the shot and enter a zero on your card.

Last time we ran one we had some very interesting scores from 27 ex 30 down to -57 I think

There you go a pocket guide to Basingstoke TAG shoots

Bob

BARPC

Originally posted by Kes
    Why not Bob?! Its the only chance any of em' ll' get to beat the English at any sport this Spring
    Whats Spring got to do with it Kes

You'd have thought someone would have bitten by now, wouldn't you. Perhaps they only have access to computers at weekends.

Bob

BARPC

I knew I should have detailed it last night

There you go a pocket guide to Basingstoke TAG shoots

Bob
    Very interesting, and a good alternative here.
    This I'm sure will work, and pull in some interest, but will you combine this into say, the Sizzler or Easter bash, or have it as a unique event?

Harv
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star