Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Join us at Codnor Field & Target club (Notts/Derby)

Smile Join us at Codnor Field & Target club (Notts/Derby)

OK guys 'n Gals, an obvious recruitment drive.....

Being new to the committee at Codnor F&T club I need to "do my bit"! I have been a member of our club for a few years now and find it a great place to meet up with like minded people, have a shoot and a good old chin wag.

OK, so it's on a farm and can get a little muddy in bad weather, but hey, don't we all get muddy when out hunting? Our membership has dwindled to a paltry 20 odd members - don't know why other than no-one seems to know we exist. Facilities are reasonable - we have a club house with toilets (OK so they're the chemical type) and food and drink making facilities. Open on Saturday and Sunday afternoon's, 1 o'clock until the last member decides to leave. Located about 7 miles from both Derby and Nottingham at a place called "Lower Hagg farm". On a BBS like this (let's face it - probably the best shooting BBS on the web!), I'm sure there must be shooters nearby (or far away) out there looking for a new place to shoot.

SO - if anyone would like to visit, or even better join us (and the membership fees are VERY reasonable) let me know.

Kind Regards, TonyB

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB
    OK guys 'n Gals, an obvious recruitment drive.....

Being new to the committee at Codnor F&T club I need to "do my bit"! I have been a member of our club for a few years now and find it a great place to meet up with like minded people, have a shoot and a good old chin wag.

OK, so it's on a farm and can get a little muddy in bad weather, but hey, don't we all get muddy when out hunting? Our membership has dwindled to a paltry 20 odd members - don't know why other than no-one seems to know we exist. Facilities are reasonable - we have a club house with toilets (OK so they're the chemical type) and food and drink making facilities. Open on Saturday and Sunday afternoon's, 1 o'clock until the last member decides to leave. Located about 7 miles from both Derby and Nottingham at a place called "Lower Hagg farm". On a BBS like this (let's face it - probably the best shooting BBS on the web!), I'm sure there must be shooters nearby (or far away) out there looking for a new place to shoot.

SO - if anyone would like to visit, or even better join us (and the membership fees are VERY reasonable) let me know.

Kind Regards, TonyB
    Tony,

I am a member at Kibworth (leicestershire) We are hoping to arrange local 'inter-club' HFT comps this year. If it is of any interest drop me a PM with the contact telephone number, and I will pass it on to our organiser.

Regards,
    Steven

Tony I'm from Long Eaton, and interested in coming up can you send me exact details, ie road numbers etc...cheers... Jay

Details Please

Can you give me details of how to get there. I live in Cheadle, which is near Uttoxeter. Thanks. Sniper-Wolf.

Details please?

Hi

I live near Sutton in Ashfield, could you email me the directions please?
    TX200 Mk3 Pink Calibre, HW99s Blue Calibre
    Huntsman MK1 Pink calibre, AAS200 Pink Calibre

Dave. Guest
    A rough guide to location, it's just off the A6096 approx half way between Spondon and Ilkeston.

New place to shoot

Just a quick word about your club. Can you give some DETAILED directions or at least a contact phone number. I was going to come over on Sunday, but not willing to drive around trying to find your club. Are there any directions on a web site somewhere that people could follow. I am sure you would get more people coming to pay a visit if you posted more detailed directions. Looking forward to paying you a visit.

Dave. Guest
    Neil, put the postcode DE7 4PR into Multimap or similar, that should give you the location of Hagg Lane, the farm is on that lane.

Directions

Sorry to everyone for being offline for a few days (work commitments) and thankyou to Dave, Neil, sniper-wolf, jayboy and everyone else for replying.

It would be really cool to see some new faces so I tried to post a copy of the map Dave suggested from Multimap but I don't seem to be able to make it work, so I'll try to explain:

From J25 of the M1 take the exit between the A52 (from derby) and the M1 northbound. Carry on half a mile or so to a cross roads with a new set of traffic lights and go straight on (watch the change in speed restiction). Go past the 60mph limit a bit farther on (far too fast for that road/lane) until you see a cross t junction and turn left into "no mans lane" (right is to Stanton by Dale). Follow the lane type road for about 2 or 3 miles, careful round the bends, lots of blind turnings. At the end go over the main road and down a dirt track, past Upper Hagg Farm. Lane bends left and Lower Hagg farm is at the bottom. Drive through the stable yard (yes, really!) to our shooting grounds, club house, fresh tea/coffee and loo.

See you there!

Kind Regards, TonyB

Hope to see you soon

Thanks very much for the reply. Got loads of competitions coming up , but hope to see you all soon. Neil.

Comus Guest
    Hi, I would be interested in joining up as I'm new to shooting and I need to practice and get my aim perfected. How much is the membership?
    I'm from Derby.

Thanks Neil

I wish the people in Dorset were so enthusiastic. Like talking to a wall here.
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

got membership forms last week nice club nice people,only about 4 people there though ,it just up the road from me.if anyone wants to go ill be there next week,and every week after if you wanna meet up or need help with directions ,or even a stop off at mine for a cuppa

Comus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny
    got membership forms last week nice club nice people,only about 4 people there though ,it just up the road from me.if anyone wants to go ill be there next week,and every week after if you wanna meet up or need help with directions ,or even a stop off at mine for a cuppa
    How much is the membership Vinny? I'm from Derby myself and I'm just getting into the sport so I need somewhere to shoot.

Neil

£10.50 for year and £2.50 everytime you go ,like i say went up a fortnight ago nice bunch of blokes got forms ,but going to join next weekend,the club is right at side of the land i shoot ,loads of bunnies