Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a Venom tuned Tx/Pro-sport owner that can help.

Is there a Venom tuned Tx/Pro-sport owner that can help.

I have never handled a tuned Pro-sport and would like to know if anyone is near me who would let me try one.
    Am i correct in the fact that Lazergliding & full tune reduces recoil by up to 60%?
    And just how good/different is the trigger once modded.
    I have seen various posts on here, but i want to make myself feel better before I put down a deposit on a Venom tune..

Harv
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man
    Am i correct in the fact that Lazergliding & full tune reduces recoil by up to 60%?
    Harv
    That would depend on how good or bad the original rifle recoil was.

I don't think you'll get a 60% improvement in a Pro Sport.

Not handled one myself, but they are reputed to be very good and not all that beneficial from the Venom tune.

Owners will comment.

Ray

Tomahawkss is offline Nearly the "Last Man Standing"..... twice.
    There are a couple of things you can do to a Pro-sport to make them shoot sweeter than "out of the box", a relube and top and bottom hat changes,which are fairly simple to do without the need for a Venom Tune,which I feel is a bit OTT for such a already tuned gun. IMHO the triggers do not need much more than proper adjustment.
    Mail me if you wish for further details
    Andy
    Short Stroked Venom Tomahawk !

I had my gun treated to a fitted rear guide and delrin tophat. By fitted I mean to the point I have to screw the spring on the guide. I also added Maccari lubes. I did not find the recoil that much different, but I did find that there was no after vibration (twang) at all. A very short lock time, nice and tight feeling shot cycle.

The venom tune on the prosport gives a quicker lock time, 60% less recoil? No, but then recoil is a subjective thing any way. On the 97, 95 there is less recoil, but thats not what the lazaglide process is about. Lazagliding just makes everything much smoother, and being that theres less spring to compress/decompress, theres going to be less recoil. IMHO its worth the money to have your rifle done if your keeping it long term, and if its HW. The prosport, fit a venom spring and tophat/guide, and it makes an already sweet shooting rifle, sweeter....

Jay

By an odd set of circumstances (umm, yeah), I have two 0.177" calibre Pro-Sports - both had Venom tuning kits installed earlier this year. Each one has "a tale to tell" with regard to the tuning process, but I won't go into it (again) here. Recoil is definitely improved but to say it has been reduced by 60% would be bulls**t. If you're ever in the neighbourhood let me know and you can drop in, hear the stories, and shoot (plink) the guns. Even better, we could arrange to meet at one of the two local air-rifle clubs; Iceni Marksmen (Colchester) or Springfield (Chelmsford). E-Mail me and we can discuss it further. Please, don't all rush, form an orderly queue. Regards ... Geek
    PauL H. - Shotgoon
    Brownings: 1999 Ultra XS; 2004 B525 Field; 2010 Maxus Hunter: Air Arms 1998 Mk.2 Pro-Target, 2001 Mk.2 Pro-Sport & 2003 S400C

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)
    venom can work absolute miracles with the HW range (and a few others) But when it comes to the Air Arms range they dont seem to be able to do that much to them.

A venom tune to a prosport is not something i would NOT recomend to anyone to have done. (edited to add that very important word NOT!")

If you want to contact me will tell the tale about a club members TX that had the special venom tune done to it.

ROB
    Last edited by roblade; 02-09-2005 at 12:00 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

shrendi Guest
    Fit a Maccari seal and delrin spacers.

shrendi Guest

shrendi Guest
    http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/Air Arms plans/TX200 list.htm For the spacers

Thank you Stephen
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

If you go down the Maccari route and are putting in an order and have any hint of twang at the end of the cycle get some of his tar as well. I had dreadful twanging with my TX (AA guides can be pretty loose fit), I tried all sorts of grades of moly paste and all eventually loosened up and the twanging came back (a few hundred shots), the tar was much more effective - in the end I've used a combination of that and the heatshrink trick round the base of the guide. Very smooth now.

TX200HC .22, AGS 3-9x40
    S410 Classic, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40

Arrow

The Venom tune is certainly fantastic on Weihrauch rifles but for my money, not worth it for a Pro Sport. Can't really comment on how it works on the TX because I have only owned a Venom stage 1 tuned TX200HC for a short while. It was very good but there again the TX rifles are very good anyway.
    Spend the money on pellets!!!

Yeah I think its a case of, "if it aint broke dont try to fix it"..
    had some good sound advice e-mailed to me,thanks chaps

Harv
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

For your info, The 60% reduction was quoted yesterday from Venom..
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star