Thread: HW 57 Tuning options

HW 57 Tuning options

I recently picked up a .177 HW 57 for a price I couldn't say no to. I would like it fettled to shoot a little better and my research brings up the following list of options

Sandwell Field Sports
    Steve Pope / V Mach
    Welsh Willy
    Wonky Donky

Any others I might have overlooked?

Cheers

You've overlooked yourself Learn from people on here, ask lots of questions and experiment. You'll know your rifle inside out, get it shooting great and have a lot of fun

As Vobster has said if you've got the experience to strip the gun you could probably do it yourself basically I.E strip down,clean out,debur if needed and new spring and seals(piston and the seals each side of loading port).But if you wanted to cough up the money to have it tuned any of those that you've listed should be okay,you'll get recommendations for all of them on this forum I'd expect.

If its new or second hand the first thing I would do is open it up and have a look. The one I had years ago had had the factory spring hacked off and and the end left very sharp.

To be honest mine had a new spring (my very first attempt at flattening the original spring didn't go well ) and top hat and spring guide. Everything else needed is easy to do as its just a degrease, check for sharp edges and reapply the right amount of spring grease/moly.