Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn nice piece of kit..

Gary C Guest

Damn nice piece of kit..

I was shown a muzzle break by Dave Lilly (Kick yet butt) on here at the weekend. I have to say - it is excellent. Muzzle break with a screwed split half way down so you can use a silencer.

If you are thinking Hunting and HFT/FT with the same rifle this is to be reccommended.

I hope I'm not treading on anybody's toes but Dave has indicated he'd make some for other people if they were interested. If you're in the market for one, I'd talk to Dave as well as the others.

What rifle does he shoot numpty
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Gary C Guest
    errrmmm Cupcake,,,
    I said if you are thinking of hunting and hft with the same rifle, not as the same rifle as Dave.

Sigh. Sometimes I despair

I'll second the quality of Dave's work, last year he made a male to male 1/2" adapter up and drilled/tapped the shroud of my FAC MFR so that it would take a PH moderator. The extra moderator from Theoben came out sometime later
    I'm telling you it moved!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C

If you are thinking Hunting and HFT/FT with the same rifle this is to be reccommended.
    Sounds a bit ambiguous to me chief

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Actually are we sure it's Gary ? A grammatical error and a spelling mistake in the same sentence, I think it's an imposter! Probably that Wraith bloke!
    I'm telling you it moved!

Dave`s done some nice precision bits of kit for me ,so I`d not have a problem recommending him. The muzzle flip for AA400/410 is the mutt`s nuts.

Andy
    A wise man has something to say, a fool has to say something.

bennyblanco Guest
    the piece he had on sunday was for the aa s4xx, he always has a micrometer on him and can do bits in brass, aluminium or some hard plastic stuff of which the name escapes me. ah! delrin?
    go and find him at any ukhft comp, Dave is a top bloke

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Muzzle break with a screwed split half way down so you can use a silencer.
    Do you mean a collet? But what would that be doing half-way up a muzzle brake?

Any pics?

Thanks.

Rustam

clubshot Guest

Thumbs up

All this Started after UK Neil made some different version for the Falcon Pistols used on Club Pistol Hunter Competitions

Dave then started to turn up fancier versions

Another Lea Valley Attraction

Getting quite a few Talented Makers @ LV
    Now that Pieman has also joined us

BOB/R

BoNeS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clubshot
    All this Started after UK Neil made some different version for the Falcon Pistols used on Club Pistol Hunter Competitions

Dave then started to turn up fancier versions

Another Lea Valley Attraction

BOB/R
    think you will find dave has been making this kind of thing for many years only recently showed them off tho

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clubshot

BOB/R
    I suppose it's fair Bob, Quarry got the talented shooters...

Hi all , thanks for the positive feedback .
    I would like to clarify one or two things :-
    The thing i have been showing to a few people lately is actually a muzzle flip compensator , not a muzzle break . The difference being ,a muzzle break usually has holes all the way around the outside to expel the air in all directions . A muzzle flip compensator on the other hand ,has holes or slots in the top , thus allowing the excess air to vent upwards only .
    The addition of a screw in cone aids the process , resulting in tighter grouping .

The front half of the mfc can be unscrewed , leaving a 1/2" unf silencer adapter . however when the cone , slotted tube and adaptor are assembled they all blend in as one component .

There are a few engineers on here who each i am sure have their own slight variation of the same design . I have never met ukneil or seen much of his work , but i have read good comments on here . I am sure he would agree that there is a big demand for these sort of components , and like any other products you have a wide choice of suppliers and designs that have been around for decades

Dave

baxterbasics Guest
    I saw this on sunday,very high quality workmanship-as is that of neil,who`s 3 piece Airstripper graces my s400k.
    Sounds like Lv is the place to be (in england )
    Gary,what part of Wales were you born in??

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baxterbasics
    I saw this on sunday,very high quality workmanship-as is that of neil,who`s 3 piece Airstripper graces my s400k.
    Sounds like Lv is the place to be (in england )
    Gary,what part of Wales were you born in??
    maybe not Wales but I did swim with Dolphins..