Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr lg100 high power ?

lawrence Guest

Steyr lg100 high power ?

hello all can any one tell me if its possible to get a steyr lg100 hp in 2.2 cal as i have looked all over the net and cant find any
    i want one but not in 1.77

if you know where drop me a line please
    then ill kill the woman and collect the insurance

thanks lawrence

PHIL200 Guest
    177 only .you would have to buy 22 barrell and fit it. hydrographics in york could do it they also sell styers

Quote Originally Posted by PHIL200
    177 only .you would have to buy 22 barrell and fit it. hydrographics in york could do it they also sell styers
    But you will probably experince a significant drop in velocity as a .22 needs a lot more air compared to a .177.. Someone here on the bbs has fitted a .20 to his Steyr, and this works fine, about 890fps... look in this thread http://airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?t=107514
    I'm a programmer and I'm OK, I work all night and I work all day...

Quote Originally Posted by bjarup
    But you will probably experince a significant drop in velocity as a .22 needs a lot more air compared to a .177..
    A .22 requires less air to achieve 12 ftlb than a .177. A .22 pellet only has to be accelerated up to around 600 fps instead of around 800 fps.

If you put a .22 barrel on the .177 Steyr then the gun would go FAC (above 12 ftlb)

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence
    hello all can any one tell me if its possible to get a steyr lg100 hp in 2.2 cal as i have looked all over the net and cant find any
    i want one but not in 1.77

if you know where drop me a line please
    then ill kill the woman and collect the insurance

thanks lawrence
    PM Sniper22.
    He has done this conversion to a HP100. He may also have done the .20 as well.I've shot the .22 one and it shoots very well.

ATB
    Ray.

sniper22 Guest
    done both ray. thanks for the head up mate. my first one was a daystate mk3 barrel with the pre silencer on it then a few weihrauch barreled .22 guns and 2 .20 versions too. email me for details

ps its a doddle to get the gun to well below the legal limit.

Quote Originally Posted by HotShot
    A .22 requires less air to achieve 12 ftlb than a .177. A .22 pellet only has to be accelerated up to around 600 fps instead of around 800 fps.

If you put a .22 barrel on the .177 Steyr then the gun would go FAC (above 12 ftlb)

Dave.
    Yessir. But for the air consumption that only goes for ftlb not fps which is the point I mention in my post.

sniper22 Guest
    my lg100 in .22 was doing 200 shots a fill.

Yessir. But for the air consumption that only goes for ftlb not fps which is the point I mention in my post.
    Yes - just spotted that your post is correct - that will teach me to skip read things while I am waking up

Most of us here in the UK are limited by power so we tend to work more on that than velocity. Therfore we do get more shots out of a .22 but at the greatly reduced velocity

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by HotShot
    Yes - just spotted that your post is correct - that will teach me to skip read things while I am waking up

Most of us here in the UK are limited by power so we tend to work more on that than velocity. Therfore we do get more shots out of a .22 but at the greatly reduced velocity
    Dave.
    .... In Denmark there are no limits on the power of airguns, yet. So I can have all the ftlb / fps I want. And I want as much power that I can get. Only thing that can change that is loss of accuracy. One can not miss hard enough to win.

Is it possible to fiddle with the regulator to gain a little xtra power or should that be a nono-option.

Cheers,
    Michael

sniper22 Guest
    you can email me at tonytyrer@boltonairgunsociety.com and ill give you the info.

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    .... In Denmark there are no limits on the power of airguns, yet. So I can have all the ftlb / fps I want. And I want as much power that I can get. Only thing that can change that is loss of accuracy. One can not miss hard enough to win.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Hi,

It is true that we do not have any power limits as such in Denmark regarding airguns at the moment. But if you read the Danish weapon law "Paragraf 1 - stk. 4" you will actually see that the authorities in Denmark can ban some of these airguns IF THEY feel that these guns are too powerful or dangerous for the public. And this probably just demands one or two signatures on a piece of paper.

PHIL200 Guest
    reply to bjarup hydrographis will fit barrel and tune it to legal limit easy .just ring john sykes

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt A10
    Hi,

It is true that we do not have any power limits as such in Denmark regarding airguns at the moment. But if you read the Danish weapon law "Paragraf 1 - stk. 4" you will actually see that the authorities in Denmark can ban some of these airguns IF THEY feel that these guns are too powerful or dangerous for the public. And this probably just demands one or two signatures on a piece of paper.
    That is true. But it is also true, that these things has been discussed for several years, and not much indicates that a major change is under way. But I'm sure that a change will come some day in the future. Until then.. Power.

BTW. Airguns may not be used in the public space in Denmark. And for hunting, only people having a license and being 18+ years old may hunt in any way, and Air Guns are only allowed for hunting Starlings, Magpies, Crows and some Pidgins, and only in cal. .22. So there are restrictions, just not on power.

And so far, no criminal has used an Air Gun for his crime. Air Guns are not that powerful yet.

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    That is true. But it is also true, that these things has been discussed for several years, and not much indicates that a major change is under way. But I'm sure that a change will come some day in the future. Until then.. Power.

And so far, no criminal has used an Air Gun for his crime. Air Guns are not that powerful yet.
    Hi again,

Donīt ask me why the authorities has not yet pulled that emergency break since in the last couple of years many people have imported high power big bore airguns for no obvious reason. Some have bought these guns just for the fun but why not use a small bore airgun for fun instead of big bores ? Big bores were invented for one thing and that is hunting.

You also taking about a lot of power. Well, with more power comes the issue of even more safety than low powered airguns. These high power versions are certainly not meant for use in a small backyard but in a safe open place, perhaps only in a club with a shooting range. Donīt forget that even a 12 ft/lbs airgun can be lethal in this matter.

It is true that airguns have so far not been used for criminal acts in Denmark that I know of but to say that airguns can not be build or bought so powerful for criminal activity is a misplaced statement. Actually, many of the big bore high power airguns you can buy can easy be compared in killing power at close ranges with firearms and sometimes they can produce even better killing performance than firearms.