Well,
I cant really add much to this thread as I have been a devoted fan of German springers for many years now, however, that said, IF I could re-wind the clock back to its launch THIS rifle would have been the only British springer that I would REMOTELY have contemplated buying.

My first full power springer was a MK1 Vulcan (which I still have and am still fond of), and the Omega seems to be to have embodied many of the Vulcan's qualities but with (as has been said) an adjustable and lockable breach jaw. A barrel lock- reminiscent of the Anschutz. A stock that I think Jim Tyler quoted was equal to the FWB Sport (or at least getting towards it).

Yep, I wish I had had the money back then to have bought one. One thing that I have wondered (but suspect I know) is if, on this refile, Webley departed from the usual calibre barrels that favoured the British 5.6mm Wasp etc to the slightly tighter European 5.5mm that had a far wider range of suitable ammo? My gut instinct that it DID. Would I be right? Cant recall unless I dig out some old mags etc?

Lets not forget this rifle was brought out just a few years ago now and it's still a classic. But should it have done better for Webley??

Dave