Thread: Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 No. 4 Ret.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paul. is offline Drinks rum like a Fella.....

Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 No. 4 Ret.

I have just got around to mounting it on my Hmr, getting it zeroed and generally getting used to it.

First impressions were that the build quality was phenomenal, the glass is miles better than my VX111 of the same spec on the 22-250. The real comparison between the two will come when I get chance to do some long / medium range shooting using both the HMR and 22-250 together.

I went for the Zeiss No. 4 ret shown here and here. I prefer an uncluttered Ret and so far I have found this is ideal for lamping Not too thick not too thin perfect for my needs.

The side wheel PX is totally idiot proof, range finding is so simple as the sight picture snaps in and out of focus. Also on 20x mag the image is crystal throughout the px range. No change in the point of impact after power change or re-focusing. Long and forgiving eye relief

Target turrets give positive, crisp, "clicks" on adjustment. ¼ MOA = 0.7 cm per click at 100 m allows quick and precise sighting in. Which is more than enough for me!

Light Gathering is fantastic better than the 30mm tube x50 Leupold.

These are fantastic optics perfect for the HMR and meet all my needs.
    Last edited by Paul.; 17-11-2008 at 12:42 PM.
    Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

https://i.imgflip.com/16hkwb.jpg