Well today was our second visit to the Penrhiwpal shooting club, to again try our hand at Muzzle loading. Today was totally different to last Sunday, in the fact that Ali (my wife) and I actually got some rounds onto the target
I think a lot of it may be down to the pistol we were using. Roger, who was the duty officer, let us shoot his Euro Arms, Stainless, Rogers & Spencer .44.
What a pistol !!!, 1st time I fired it (2nd time shooting BP) and I scored 65/100, which might not seem too good to some, but I'm over the moon with it and of course now, I've got to have one . Last week we shot a Pietta Colt 1851 Navy .36 cal and I just managed to get 3 balls on the card (none in the scoring area ) So I'm now on the lookout for a .457 ball mould (preferably double cavity, but single will do) so I can practice making my own.
"Black Powder shooting is the business" !!!!!! Next Sunday will not come around quickly enough !!!

Sorry for the pointless post, but I can't stop grinning, addictive isn't the word !!! If the police had stopped me on the way home today, they would have thought I was on something

All the best
Baz