Sort of a follow up to the "guns of youth " thread from a bit back. Having got a Diana 27 off here with a Parker hale scope ramp on it (think its says we 1) it made me think of a couple of things from the mid 70,s to early 80,s. I remember paying £4 for a Cardew spring for my meteor which had a flat spot on the cylinder. I remember "triflon"---Hated the smell and it dieseled like hell if you didnt let the carriers evaporate. Those horrible Jackal pellets in the tube--they were pointed pellets but seemed to be poorly made and the points were knobily. Champion hunter pellets .22 pointed pellets with a flat point. I remember shooting down the garden with the meteor at some buttercups. I fired about 30 pellets and the group on the fence was about the size of a 2p piece. I tried h+n pointed and RWS hobby when they were cheap. I saw the LEM pellet moulds advertised in AGW. I remember the Manchester Airguns .25 mercury coming out--Did it have a special name and has anybody still got one? let you lot ramble on now.