Thread: American Air Pistol Valuations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

American Air Pistol Valuations

Hi

I have two air pistols I'm thinking of selling, as I hardly ever use them, and wouldn't want to use the Diana G10, because of it's superb condition.

First one is a HY-SCORE TARGET MODEL, Made by HY-SCORE ARMS CO NEW YORK, it's a .22, in extremely good condition, the plastic grips are near perfect, it can be partially cocked and dry fired, although the barrel looks like it's about 9cm long it's in fact around 25cm long as it runs through the centre of the pistol (and through the centre of the spring). The barrel is brass and rifled.

I've seen a few other models of this pistol, but they had HY-SCORE TARGET AIR PISTOL engraved on them, whereas as stated, mine has HY-SCORE TARGET MODEL, perhaps mine is an earlier model?

Looking in Mr Hiller's excellent book it appears to be a 50's or 60's model, he said they were built to last a lifetime and the tested accuracy is an 11mm group at 10m. It shoots well.

Pictures HERE

Any ideas on value please?

------------------------------------------------------------

Also a Diana G10, made in Los Angeles Calif USA, it's in its original box with the darts, pellets and bb's unopened, the date on the box says 28 SEP 1963, it comes with a very nice brochure and the box is in super condition, it was marketed in the UK by Millard Bros, MILBRO, but it appears it was all made in the USA, even the brochure.

The condition is pretty well as new, I test fired it once with a dart I already had, I believe these G10's are still made by SMK, probably in China. This one made in the USA, at nearly 46 years old in this condition etc. is pretty unique.

I don't think it can have ever been used. Pictures HERE

Value on this one as well please?

ATB

Jon
    Last edited by skeeter; 21-08-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: SA6 Withdrawn
    jon.skeeter@googlemail.com

If I die, please don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them!