As some of you will know,I like to tinker with some of the older stuff (well mainly guns of youth and a bit before) and its mainly the cheap and cheerful stuff. I have a couple of contacts outside the BBs who let me have stuff cheap that have come as job lots etc. I have had a lot of guns with self tapping screws in them,wrong screws forced in and woodscrews used as stock screws or pivots and metric screws fitted. I really dont like to see that abuse but I have to try to make the best of it. Sometimes threads have been tapped out and I have to work round that. I dont like to put the wrong screws in a gun but sometimes I have to and it still makes me feel a bit bad. Its not so bad as these are mainly plinkers that will not be sold on and if they were sold on by me I would let the buyer know which threads were wrong. doing a Webley mk3 that the front stock bolts were chewed and the rear stock screw (the lh thread one) had been tapped to 3/8 Whitworth R hand and its screw to 1/4 Whitworth. I think that was probably done as the thread had stripped. I managed to clean the front ones with a tap and got the right screws and have made something for the rear that might be 2ba or something a bit bigger. The stock was completly broken off on the right side and has now been epoxyed and touched up with varnish. I am also doing a Diana 27 that the threads were gone on and the rear stock screw tapped to 1/4 Whitworth. The cocking arm pivot had a nut and bolt through. I tapped the fronts to 2ba and used Cheese heads but the threads for the cocking arm screw were gone so 5mm cheesehead seems best for ease of screws although ME would be great if they were easier to get. As these are not collectable and Im no engineer its not so bad ----What do you think?