Thread: Daystate Mk3 FT and HFT option, input needed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shaggy Guest
    I was all for what Darren Petts had said until the last post now I think it's down to the user to still carry out previous methods of safety checks then they will in theory have 2 levels of safety whilst the rifle is switched on at the firing line.

On a different note, how about the rifle, beeping with a slightly different sound or IED flashing differently to all the other beep/light combinations when it needs a charge?
    So it's a clear that it needs a recharge? Because some just refill with air & get caught short & can’t play anymore! How about a car charger to be added to the rifle package as well as the 240v mains lead?

Also, I mentioned it to Tony back in the summer, I like the shot counter it's made a bit of difference for me & I was wondering
    I along with others get carried away with shooting the Mk3.
    Now I have seen beginners & old hats get carried away with the rifle & then, the rifle vents.
    Would it be possible to have an auto shut off? Ya know like it turns off & won't turn on unless you have the trigger held in for a few seconds & flick the key after the safety switch is put on, a bit like the 100shot counter set up? After all we all know that venting a rifle isn't a habit people should get into.

Now Daystate offer a 3yr warranty they may well start seeing rifles returned 2.5yrs in with corrosion in the cylinders. They probably won’t but it helps extend the life of the rifle doesn’t it?
    After all, it's easily done if you get carried away, especially is the user is venting the rifle often due to lack of experience!
    It’s a feature that will help the rifle in the long term & Daystate. Most know what regularly venting a rifle could lead to in the long term, you know, damage due to quick refills from empty cylinder
    Setting up the action to shut off so that it can't vent (that can easily be overridden should the need arise) would be better all round don't you recon?

Darren
    Last edited by Shaggy; 06-12-2004 at 08:12 PM.