Thread: airsporter s mark one rebuild advice please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

airsporter s mark one rebuild advice please

hi all ,following my previous post on this airsporter i have had my interest raised enough to keep it and restore it. [before buying a webley mk3 to restore].. stripped it last night and found out what it needs mechanically.spring is an ox square section,piston head is a non standard replacement turned out of alloy,buffer washer fell to bits upon removal.plan of action is replace all the above [chambers have everything apart from the mainspring].i am not looking for a powerhouse,just a smooth pleasant shooting gun.i will polish all relevant surfaces including the spring ends and am going to turn up some delrin washers to seat under both ends of the spring ,make a piston liner and hope i am pleased with the result.can any of the very knowledgeable and helpful chaps that frequent this forum advise on any tuning tips i have not got covered.i have read the very helpful sticky on this subject but would appreciate any advice offered...gun produced 9fpe before stripping and had nasty recoil[for an airgun]..cheers greasemonkey
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 13-02-2010 at 03:08 PM.