Hi,
Im a newbie here and would please like to ask advice on my rifle problem.

Ive seen all the bad press on my rifle but still like it (Ducks to avoid thrown fruit) and it would be great if I could fix it.

I put a co2 bulb in and everything is fine. I fire the first shot and after that there is a slow steady leak of co2. It sounds to be coming out of the valve assembly and into the breech.

Ive had it suggested it could be the valve end seal (From a too tightened bulb) or the valve stem assembly with seal.

The first seal is about £2 and the stem about £11 from Chambers gunmakers site.
My local gun shop said they could send it away to the uk distributers for fixing and guessed about £20-£30 (I think they just tought it was the inexpensive seals though)

Ive nearly had the valve assembly out to look at it but couldnt, it was a tight fit.
Is there something in the hole where it goes into the breech that stops it from moving? The breech gasket and seal dident look to actually pass into the valve on the parts digram but I could be wrong. If so do I have to take the barrel off to get the valve assembly out?

Also, it was suggested that the cause could be because ive left the rifle to stand for about 3 years (No powerlet in it) due to various reasons and that this could be the cause.
That worries me I could have the same situation in another few years if i dont shoot really regularly.

The gun was brand new 3 years ago too.

Sorry this is such a long first post.

Thanks to anyone who reads or responds to the post.

The site looks great, Im looking forward to fun here.
Cheers

Alex (BobSpoons)

PS - I also asked this question on the crosman bbs but thought id try and get as much info as possible, in case anyone is on both boards.