Thread: Hammerli AR20FT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    So when you said you were asking for feedback you were really just asking for people to agree with you?

Point a - Who is the mystery AR20 shooter? (I know a lot of the good Ponty lads) What grade does he shoot in? Will he consistantly be top scoring with it against the likes of Calps and John C?

Point b - Are you honestly saying the build quality is the same as a Steyr or a Dommie? Really? That's what makes the difference in price.

Nobody has said there's a crack in the side of it, have a look under your scope rail where the action joins together, you'll see the join between the halves of the action. Personally I'd be pissed off with any part of the finish coming away from the action that easily whether the gun cost £20 or £2000.

Lets not get into the whole this is better than that, as I genuinely think the AR20 is a good gun, there's some rough edges want knocking off but nothing major. It's not pretending to be on the same level as the top end kit and is all the better for it. It's based on an entry level 10m gun and that's how it's being pitched.
    Hi Charlts,
    Thanks for your input, I do appreciate it.
    No I was not asking for people to agree with me, I was asking for positive comments on things like pellet types, hints on how to perfect, prepare and present the AR20FT, for instance:
    NOTE to all Hammerli users, clean the barrel before use, I put 4 pull through's through the rifle as it was treated with some sort of what I presume to be anti rusting grease. this made it perform miles better than straight out of the box.

The Mystery Shooter... I better not name him just in case it was a FLASH in the pan.

NO I'm not saying the build quality is the same as the mega bucks rifles.
    I'm saying the performance and accuracy is on par with far more expensive FT rifles... and "I know it's early day's" if they continue to perform this well, what would be the point in paying £1000 more.
    It's a bit like comparing A Mercedes and a Ford, then you realise the Ford is an RS Turbo and adds great fun and prestige to driving without the expense of buying a Mercedes.

The crack/join, I'll have to investigate, as I've not noticed or had reason to look, just so long as the rifle perform as well as it is doing. TBA

The point I was making about a bit of paint coming off of a FREE scope rail as opposed to paying for a scope rail that Steyr charge £100 for on top of the already high price of the rifle... at £1600 you would think they could include the rail... there again I suppose you pay for the extras in a Mercedes too.

The whole point is the AR20FT is NOT pretending to be the same quality as the top notch rifles, however, the initial reports and reactions are that it performs like one.

The description you give as a 10 Mtr rifle, being pitched as an entry level FT Rifle, sounds like a bit of a put down...
    If two equally good shots were competing one with a top of the range £2000 piece of kit and the other had a £650 AR20 FT would the target still fall when it was hit ?
    Answers on a postcard please, I'm spending too much of today on my PC.

Cheers and ATB
    Last edited by beatman; 01-08-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    DAYSTATE GREY SHADOW No8.... WooHoo