I have been laid up for a few days with the flu from hell, but yesterday spent an hour or so in the garden, as we had a bit of sun, and I was going mad not being able to concentrate on anything

Anyway....did a bit of plinking, and thought I would test my best shooting old gun against the only "modern" springer I own

Nothing really scientific, just put a stop box out at 18 yards (my max. length I can shoot due to space), and sitting down with my elbows on a bench, but with no other support, did a few 5 shot groups....The TX is zero'd at 18 feet for bell target, so I left the sights alone......I thought it would be interesting, as scoped, the TX will make a single hole at that range, so the idea was...if you shoot with open sights, will a 100 years of progress and technology make a huge difference.

O.K., so I am still suffering with flu, so I don't know if I can improve on the group sizes,but it was equally bad for both guns

Not as much difference as you would think (I think the BSA edged this set)

O.K.,.....confession time...I was using the flip up aperture on the BSA!, so to be totally fair, I used just the standard BSA front / rear sight and got this

Test guns

So......for general tin bashing, and fairly close range at least...the old girl can still cut the mustard!

(will try some long range stuff when I am back at work, and can get into the warehouse "range"